News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Olsen

Golf in the Kingdom
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:34:07 AM »
http://www.golfinthekingdomthemovie.com/

I thought that folks might be interested to know that there is a private screening of "Golf in the Kingdom" next Tuesday in Monterey, with a reception to follow at Tehama.   It is a benefit for First Tee in Monterey.  The movie was filmed last year at Bandon.  The bits I have seen are just incredibly beautiful, and I can't wait to see the whole film next week.   I am headed out there and then up to Bandon on Wednesday for 4 days of golf!  ;D

Rick Shefchik

Re: Golf in the Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
That raises a question for me -- where are the Warren Millers of golf? I guess it's unrealistic to think a documentary filmmaker could fill junior high auditoriums around the country with sweeping visuals of some of the world's best golf courses -- not as much action as skiing, and not enough elevation. But maybe the TV networks or the Golf Channel could commission such films as run-ups to major championships. I don't think we've seen many of the world's best courses profiled by truly gifted cinematographers.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Michael Robin

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
Hey Rick, send me an IM with your address, I'm working on something just like you are talking about.

astavrides

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
Is this movie going to be in theatres or released on DVD someday?

Jordan Caron

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »
But maybe the TV networks or the Golf Channel could commission such films as run-ups to major championships. I don't think we've seen many of the world's best courses profiled by truly gifted cinematographers.

Something to the effect of what HBO has done for some leads up to the bigger boxing matches or what they did for the build up to the Pens and Caps Winter/Heritage classic this year?

Thanks for share the Eric!  Surprised this thread didn't get anymore attention.  

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:09:51 AM »
Jordan,
It got my attention. However being in The Antipodes I suspect the movie as such will never get a general release here.   I guess the DVD may well be the medium by which most of us Downunder will see the film and course. I intend to have a cracker of a night when this release occurs and have my fellow golfing tragic friends over for a viewing whilst "..singing the praises of golf" and imbibing in a wee bit of malt whisky!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Ted Kramer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:17 AM »
One of my very favorite books of all time, well the 1st half anyway . . .

-Ted

JC Urbina

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
Astavrides.

If you go to You Tube. Type in "Golf in the Kingdom trailer"  you will see a shirt promo for the movie.

I have heard mixed reviews, some people love it others not as much.

David Kelly

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »
I have heard mixed reviews, some people love it others not as much.

Just like the book.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back