News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Simon Holt

Re: Renaissance Club
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »
James,

I can understand why you would say that about the walls and perhaps Tom would like to share on that.  Personally I like the broken down state (they have been sured up so they are actually stable) as I think it reflects the originality of the feature and that it was existing and not put in by Tom for effect.  It also helps as you can walk through the thing to get to the fairway!!  I wouldnt like to vault the thing with a set of Mizunos on my back.

Scott,

Ahh, you know how to make a guy blush!  I am delighted with the way the club is received- rest assured my boss/course owner is as passionate about this area and golf in Scotland as I am myself.  I know you met one of the family while you were here and it truly is a labour of love for them.  Whats great is how they constantly consult with us about every step and make sure that it is in keeping with the area.  Even down to the colour of the tiles on the roof of the clubhouse!! 

As far as the kick in birdies.....what about my 3 shots to get out of the bunker on 13!!!???  So much for a links upbringing!

Great pics mate- thanks for sharing.  Once we have something more concrete on developments I will get some pics up.
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Scott Warren

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2010, 06:18:34 AM »
As far as the kick in birdies.....what about my 3 shots to get out of the bunker on 13!!!???  So much for a links upbringing!

You mean these three? ;D

Take one...

Take two...

Take three... SUCCESS!

Simon Holt

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2010, 06:24:24 AM »
I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.  Paul Seago had to order more sand after that episode.  Sean Thompson's comment of 'what do you expect when you are playing it off your back foot' is exactly the sort of 'caddy banter' I love and deserved! 
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back