News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pritchett

2010 NCAA Championship
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
Congratulations to the Augusta State Jaguars (my alma mater)  for winning the 2010 NCAA's at the Honors Course. 

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: 2010 NCAA Championship
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
...and to Scott Langley as well.

john_stiles

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »

Augusta State has been a good golf team for many years now.

Congratulations to Augusta State !

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »
What's the story on halved matches?  

It looks (http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/match/static/match_1668_7.html) like the 2nd match was halved, but the third match (also halved) went to the 19th hole, where ASU won it.

Didn't matter, as the two Walker Cup giants were toppled by the unheralded Jaguars...unless you had previously sent the second match to extra holes and, hypothetically, OSU wins, giving it a 2 up lead and the momentum.  Any thoughts?

ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION ON GOLFWEEK:  "With the team title decided, the match between Floyd and Trent Whitekiller, which was all square through 16 holes, was declared halved with the two players on the 17th green."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:11:39 PM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

JC Jones

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »
Congratulations to the Augusta State Jaguars (my alma mater)  for winning the 2010 NCAA's at the Honors Course. 

We all know there is no chance you played on the team when you were in college! Unless they had a Helen Keller flight ;) ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:32:48 AM »
I was in Chattanooga for the weekend at my wife's High School Reunion...
I went out there Saturday afternoon (very hot and humid) to watch the semi-finals.  There was an hour and a half rain delay. 
Some observations:
- very picturesque course ... the property was a the confluence of several streams that were dammed up to form a couple lakes (really well done and very natural in look) w/ many holes playing over and around these lakes, a lot of natural stone used near and around green sites .. a fair amount of roll to the property
- a very severe course ... they wanted a tough course and they got one .. a significant rub of the green in that some missed approaches leave simple up and downs and some 4 feet away from that spot are in 16" high junk or an unplayable pot bunker
- very few birdies, in fact some fairly ragged play
- very fast speed of play which I found surprising ... I thought all of college golf was slow or extremely slow.
- the par threes at this course are a bit of a let down relative to other Dye courses

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
I had the pleasure of caddying for Carter Newman for 3 days at the Terra Cotta Invitational at Naples National back in April. I was able to meet some of the other guys on the team including Mitch and Patrick and the coach there and they were all great guys. Very happy to see them win the NCAA title. It will be very fun to watch some of them move on. I would expect Patrick Reed to have a crack at going pro and although I didn't meet or see Henrik Norlander it sure sounds like he is the real deal too.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/college/asu/2010-06-06/augusta-state-leads-finale?v=1275834691
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
My hats off to Augusta State as well.

Steve Lang

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
 8) Tiger, what happened to LSU this year, they only received some "also ran" votes for rankings??

Hope you're doing well..
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back