News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Ohlendorf

Prairie Club - Horse Course Photos
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:39:01 PM »
Here are a couple of pics from the Horse Course at the Prairie Club. I plan to post a group of the Pines Course soon, but hopefully this will give everyone a quick glimpse of what's going on out in rural Nebraska!! It's a pretty amazing piece of property. The Horse Course built by Gil Hanse can be played with a gap wedge, a lob wedge and a putter. It was some pretty spectacular views of the canyon that runs thru the property.

Greg

Horse hole #1

Horse hole #2

Horse hole #3

Horse hole #4

Horse hole #5

Horse hole #6

Horse hole #7

Horse hole #8

Horse hole #10
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:45:16 PM by Greg Ohlendorf »

RJ_Daley

Re: Prairie Club - Horse Course Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »
My short game could sure use about 20 round at the Horse Course!  ;) ;D 8)

I wonder if the idea for the short par 3 course wasn't Mark A's, and a continuation of the concept from the short course at Sutton Bay. 

The photos look excellent and the Horse looks appealing. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:02:21 AM »
David Kidd wants his mounds back! Those must be the ones that escaped from Tetherow . . .

Take it eas', I'm sort of kidding - that looks like a lot of fun - and certainly not a pitch and putt - some tricky stuff going on out there.

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:52:29 AM »
This is no push over par three course! Bring more than one ball as it would not be unlikely to leave one or two out there! the greens are very interesting, especially number 8 which could double as a skateboard park! But all in all, it is truly a lot of fun. Just as a note, it sits right out the front door of the clubhouse across from the opening circle drive. This property was considered to be potential ground for the Hanse course at one time.

Greg

Mark McKeever

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »
Looks like a chip and putt course on roids!  A great little track with some wild greens.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 10:04:22 AM »
Greg, I recall Geoff coming on here and saying that one of the greens was part of the original routing of Cleve's course. From the Pix, I would guess it's the hole you have listed as the 3rd.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:06:12 PM »
David Kidd wants his mounds back! Those must be the ones that escaped from Tetherow . . .

Take it eas', I'm sort of kidding - that looks like a lot of fun - and certainly not a pitch and putt - some tricky stuff going on out there.

Man you spotted the same thing I did.  ;D

Looks like fun with no overboard bunker fetishes going on.  :)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
Greg Ohlendorf :"The Horse Course built by Gil Hanse can be played with a gap wedge, a lob wedge and a putter."

Bring along a mug of Stoli and you have some real end of the day fun!

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »
Adam,

it may well be the third green as thy one is a bit further toward the other part of the property.

Greg

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
Were the Pines pictures ever posted?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
Ron.

Posted them this morning. You should see the thread on pg 1. Hope to post Dunes Course pics later today or tomorrow.

Greg

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back