News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gary Slatter

Re: Favorite Walks in Golf...
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 07:32:15 AM »
I think Jeremy Glen's In My Opinion story about Banff wins!
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Roger Wolfe

Re: Favorite Walks in Golf...
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »
. . . .
Walking from the parking lot up the hill onto the event lawn at Carolina Golf Club in Charlotte
and seeing the entire course open up below and in front of you.  Freddie Couples is quoted
as saying in the parking lot last Tuesday, "Where in the hell is the golf course?"  When he
walked up onto the event lawn he said, "This is going to be fuuuuuuun!"

Roger, standing on the "event lawn" (a/k/a "old putting green") several weeks ago I paid attention for the first time to what you can actually see.  In fact, you saw me there as you teed off on number 3.  You can clearly see parts of 15 holes from one spot, all except 11, 12 & 13.  The back of the tee on 11 may also count, but I couldn't see any of 12 or 13, at least that I could recognize as such.  I'll look again, and bring some binoculars.  Seeing as many as 15 is something special.  I was even thinking of posting a GCA item asking about other courses that had so many (or more) holes in view from next to the clubhouse.

I think you can see the ENTIRE COURSE from the corner of the back deck at Arcadia Bluffs.  And, at Carolina, you can see 11 tee box AND the top of the flag on 13 if its a back pin placement   :)  !

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back