News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin Pallier

Re: A behind the scenes account of Old Macdonald
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
This doesn’t mean that I believe OM is a better course than NGLA (it’s not). 
John

I know of your passion for NGLA - what makes it "better" for you ?

Architecturally, I think NGLA's Alps, Redan, Short, Bottle, Leven, & Punchbowl holes are all better than the ones at Old Macdonald.  The first at NGLA is also a real favorite of mine.  Some holes at OM are better - Eden, Sahara, possibly Hog's Back(if I got to play it downwind) and many others are comparable in quality. I've refrained thus far from doing a hole by hole match play between the two courses, but just hole number by hole number a quick count has NGLA winning 4 & 2.

The experience of playing the two courses does feel quite similar, especially if Mike Keiser follows my suggestion and makes gingersnaps & peanut butter available at the turn house. :D   

Thanks John

I concur with a lot of that - was interested as to your take on OM v your favourite course.

Could it also be said that the similarities with NGLA and OM continue. In a cheeky sort of way - surely the lone tree on 3 at OM could be considered iconic in the way the windmill is at NGLA ? OK the later isn't in a line of play but it dominates the landscape in a similar way ?  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back