News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Brightly

Re: Old Mac Pics Request
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
Gib, Rob and I chose to go right of the bunker to have a chance to reach in two, Rob coming up short.

and I had this:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:31:53 PM by Bill Brightly »

George Pazin

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
OK, you have seen some really poor swing finishes here. Can you name The Man with this perfect finish? (Photo from Trails)

Pretty sure that's Tim Clark of the PGA Tour...

Thanks everyone for the pix. Love putting faces to names.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Garland Bayley

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »
OK, you have seen some really poor swing finishes here. Can you name The Man with this perfect finish? (Photo from Trails)

Pretty sure that's Tim Clark of the PGA Tour...

And look at that butter knife he is swinging.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
looks a bit like Wayne

Bill Brightly

Re: Old Mac Pics Request New
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
I just love the way they made this bunker look like its been there for many years!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:18:40 AM by Bill Brightly »

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
Interesting that the two-shot should be taken at OM: one of the principals wears a look of bemused sophistication tempered by world-weary ennui -- an old-school standard by the likes of Billy Strayhorn; the other has a thoroughly modern mien, an intense and Cobain-like lean and hungry look -- a west-coast paean to 21st century angst.  The combination: the perfect analogy for the broad and double-sided appeal of OM.  I over-extend myself? So I over-extend myself - I am large, I contain multitudes!  

Peter
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:40:50 PM by PPallotta »

George Pazin

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2010, 04:58:45 PM »
looks a bit like Wayne

And Wayne looks like Tim Clark... :)

P.S. Love Ms. Sheila's smile, says it all.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:46:07 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Bill_McBride

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »

and some girls have even played there.. (but had to use Ballyneal hat!)

Ms. Sheila looking very stealthy in the all black Player styling!   And appears to have been having fun!

Rob Miller

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
The Short from the back tees

Bunker directly in front of the forward tees on #4 Hogsback and the walking path through the bunker

Bill going over the Hell bunker

He's thinking about taking a practice swing...

Steve Lang

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
 8)  Bill,

Yes she was smiling a lot.. We thoroughly enjoyed the Bandon experience.. viva le ground game.. and voila.. Bandon Shots (worth toasting)!

She also noted it was kinda funny watching the testosterone/alpha dog displays there by young and old (as many are in pain denial).. and no one can say she doesn't know what being a minority feels like!  

Waitin to see your return to the Woodlands..

ps  one certainly gets inspired and/or learns to seek out the ground game options there first ..
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Anthony Gray

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »

Just a reminder...........At all future GCA events Rob Miller and Anthony Gray come as a package deal with the other players to be named later. Rob and I were fortunate enough to have Dave MacCullum thown in one of the rounds and we learned that the size of Dave's heart is only eclipsed by the size of his liver.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »
If you play short from the back tees, is it long?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rob Miller

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
Short from the back is 160, seriously elevated and onto a HUGE green.  Still a good test of your short irons and putter as a Short should be...

Bill Brightly

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »
If you play short from the back tees, is it long?

Once we walked up to the back tees, Gib insisted we play from there! :) 

I pulled my 7 iron badly, ending up on the short left side of the green. There was NO WAY to get directly to the pin, so I aimed 30 feet left of it, going for a huge upslope at the back of the green, which then threw the ball towards the cup for a kick away par. It was SO much fun.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Resting the liver today.  My conclusion is that the only two negatives of the trip were a weak shower in my room (apparently, not others) and those whimpy Oregon speed limits.  Do you know how long it takes to drive 600 miles at 55 mph?  All freaking day.  I used the rabbit theory:  wait for somebody to blow by you doing 80, give the rabbit a couple of miles lead, slipstream in the draft until you have to slow down for the flashing lights on the state bull rig while the rabbit contributes to the deficit.  Worked very well, except for the rabbits.

Great time, guys.  Can't wait to get back for more abuse.  Sorry, no pictures.  The only ones I took were of Anthony baby sitting his niece.  I'm sure they would have been quite valuable, but, foolishly, I used Anthony's camera.

George_Bahto

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
So you know, (young fella) Rob Miller came to opening day at Old Macdonald all the way from FROM JAPAN

not other business - just to play the course on opening day

Rob is a very nice person!!
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Anthony Gray

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »
So you know, (young fella) Rob Miller came to opening day at Old Macdonald all the way from FROM JAPAN

not other business - just to play the course on opening day

Rob is a very nice person!!

I agree George. I played 3 rounds of golf with Rob and all were great fun. Before I left Bandon we both sliced a finger and are now blood brothers. GCA has been a true blessing to my life and this Old Mac trip prooved that gentelman golfers are alive and well. I wish you the best George. I know it will be hard not seeing your baby every day. Thanks for taking the time to spend a few moments with us.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »

Ron Csigo

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »
Anthony - Are you hugging Bradley Cooper (aka The Hangover)?  If not, GCA certainly has a lot of celebrity looka likes (ie Andy Gray/Adam Scott)
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Michael Blake

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »
I think Andy looks more like Patrick Dempsey.

Eric Smith

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »
I think Andy looks more like Patrick Dempsey.

My immediate thought as well. 

George Pazin

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
My wife thinks I look like Patrick Dempsey.

Then again, she seems to change who I look like, depending on who the flavor of the month is...hmmmmmmm.

I had the pleasure of sharing dinner and a beer with Rob, and I look forward to doing it again soon. He's a Burgh guy, that says it all.

:)

Richard Choi

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:29 PM »
Andy actually looks just like Adam Scott and he said he gets that a lot. He even got a phone number from a cutting on the flight over.  ;)

I am sure Rob Miller will be on later to tell us about the shot that Anthony hit...

Anthony Gray

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
Deleted.

Let your yea be yea and your nay be nay.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back