News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Brightly

Re: Old Mac Pics Request
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
2nd attempt...  This one nicely rode up the face and plopped safely on the green :)

Bill Brightly

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

Bill Brightly

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
Good balance on the follow-through is overrated

Bill Brightly

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
A true links player! 140 in the air, 140 on the ground!

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
Anthony and Gib waiting on the first tee:

Is Gib sporting the now decade old Ping TISI? Was that part of the hickory match?
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Bill Brightly

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »

Bill Brightly

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »

Bill Brightly

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »

In photos........always stand beside Gib.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
A true links player! 140 in the air, 140 on the ground!

The back swing looks like he's reaching for his wallet.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »

Bill Brightly

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »
This explains why I often hear: "that'll play" but never "good swing"....

Joe Bausch

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
More pics of e-i-e-i-o are here:

http://redanman.blogspot.com/
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Gary Slatter

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »

Anthony, you wore your Cruden Bay outfit and you told her you would never ......
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Bill Brightly

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Hole 16, Alps, is such a great golf hole!  Gib and I both hit excellent drives, long enough and far enough right to get a glimpse of the green. Besides being a really good picture of Gib's elbow...this shows what we had from about 210. You might think the play is to the right corner of the green like I did...and you would be wrong! The play is 30 yards left of that!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »
What a great group and a great 3 days of 36 holes a day. (Except for one of us who had a significant distraction that kept him from the golf course.) George Bahto was like a proud father and rightfully so - I was fortunate to sit next to him at dinner one night and I could listen to him for hours tell stories about Old Mac and his other projects.  The dinner with Tom and George and Ran was incredibly informative with Ran asking all the right questions and Tom and George giving frank answers.  Tom did not limit the questions to Old Macdonald and he was not shy about telling us about his other designs.  Bandon is a lesson in great architecture which displays itself even better when the conditions get tougher as afternoon winds brought out their best.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
This explains why I often hear: "that'll play" but never "good swing"....

Nothing wrong with that swing or game. If I Bill's game I may fall asleep a couple times during the round.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Hole 16, Alps, is such a great golf hole!  Gib and I both hit excellent drives, long enough and far enough right to get a glimpse of the green. Besides being a really good picture of Gib's elbow...this shows what we had from about 210. You might think the play is to the right corner of the green like I did...and you would be wrong! The play is 30 yards left of that!

That is a realy strong hole. I may could challenge the green 1 out of 10 rounds. It's a long hole,but allows a lay-up that lets the player see the green unlike other Alps. Is this by design?

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
What a great group and a great 3 days of 36 holes a day. (Except for one of us who had a significant distraction that kept him from the golf course.) George Bahto was like a proud father and rightfully so - I was fortunate to sit next to him at dinner one night and I could listen to him for hours tell stories about Old Mac and his other projects.  The dinner with Tom and George and Ran was incredibly informative with Ran asking all the right questions and Tom and George giving frank answers.  Tom did not limit the questions to Old Macdonald and he was not shy about telling us about his other designs.  Bandon is a lesson in great architecture which displays itself even better when the conditions get tougher as afternoon winds brought out their best.

Steve was a great distraction Jerry,I agree. Are you going to bring him on the next trip? George as the proud father is the perfect description.

AG

Bill Brightly

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »
OK, you have seen some really poor swing finishes here. Can you name The Man with this perfect finish? (Photo from Trails)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 01:45:38 PM »
OK, you have seen some really poor swing finishes here. Can you name The Man with this perfect finish? (Photo from Trails)

Don't know his name, but love the sweater.

Anthony

Steve_Roths

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »
Um, is Orange the new Black?

Mike Hendren

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:48:10 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
I played Bandon Dunes with Ran who used his hickories - Mr. Doak was fortunate not to be there in time to play a hickories match on Old Macdonald as Ran was absolutely smoking his drives, nailing his irons and puring his putts - it would have been no contest.

Bill Brightly

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »
If you like a par 5 with lots of strategic options, Hole 17 (Littlestone) is for you!  Safe play is drive to the left of the center fairway bunker. From there it plays like a double dogleg as the best second shot is to angle back to the right for best approach to the green.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:30:26 PM by Bill Brightly »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back