News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Update about Mr. Huntley
« on: May 28, 2010, 05:59:57 PM »
Friends, I spoke to Mr. Huntley today and he has had a little setback.. he is back in the hospital as they work things out getting his medications correct.  So all you at Bandon... all up in Truckee... and GCAers and the many many friends of Bob through this and other website... well let's keep those thoughts and prayers coming.  A few toasts to this great man is the least any of us can do.

Bob also reported that he was overwhelmed by the volume, and heart-felt sincerity of the emails and letters he has received.  I told him it was obviously well-deserved... but also to get better and soon!

Tom H.

Phil McDade

Re: Update about Mr. Huntley
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
I'm sure Bob will be out of there and back at the links soon. Godspeed, and he's in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
Thank you Tom.

It seems as if he is trying to get extra strokes...
I had no idea that I wasn't the only one to pay Bob off on the 18th.
I guess I should have known better after seeing the big mail box slot at the club entrance that proudly stated...
"Insert Bob's winnings here"

Bob
Get Well Soon.
We love you.

Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Scott Warren

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
My glass needed a re-charge and I was going to call it a night, but a fresh beverage has just been poured and the glass raised to Bob's good health.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:36:33 PM by Scott Warren »

David Stamm

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
Hang in there, Bob. I'm praying and pulling for you!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Matt_Davenport

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
Bob,
While we haven't met I should hope we could, so get well soon. Our treehouse is defined by people like you.
Respectfully,
Matt

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I just hope the quality of my wine is worthy of a toast in his name.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »
A separate but related update as John and Bob are friends, I spoke today with John "Tiger" Bernhardt.

John is going through treatment for throat cancer and this is his second battle with cancer. It was a quick call as speaking was obviously uncomfortable for him. However, he assured me that he was getting stronger.

I know he has posted a few times here, but for those that want to touch base, email is probably best:

jtiger@tcac.net

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:47:38 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Mac Plumart

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to both of them.

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »

Huck,

Thanks so much about the info on Bob. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Bob typifies all that is good about the people on this website and I have been lucky to meet a lot of great people. We are with you Bob.

Mike,

Thank you for the post on Tiger. I had no idea.  I met Tiger at Buda last September and although we did not get a chance to play together, I was hoping we would do so on another GCA event.

To Bob and Tiger, those of us in the Great White North are all looking forward to your continued participation and all the best!

Bob J

PCCraig

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Tom and Mike - thanks for the updates.

As I type this I'm raising a glass of some of the Midwest's finest beer. To Tiger and Mr. Huntley: God be with you, and here's hoping you'll both be back on the first tee by the end of the month  :)

H.P.S.

TEPaul

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »
Setback? Back in the hospital? What did I miss about Bob?

Buck up Bob; we've been hoping to at least catch a glimpse of you in two weeks or so.

In the meantime, here's a toast to you....raising the glass....down the hatch.....WHOOSH!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
I said some extra prayers for both Bob and Tiger.  get well soon boys....you are iconic to not only GCA, but golf.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

RJ_Daley

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 11:14:18 PM »
Mike thanks for the Tiger B update.  I didn't know he had this issue facing him.  Of course, we are all pulling for both these fine gentlemen.  Greaux Tigers!
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

PThomas

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
my family and I are praying for both of these great gentlemen
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
All the best to two of golf's finest...

Kevin
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »
Think good thoughts guys, good thoughts!

Best to both Bob and Tiger.

Mike_Duffy

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 01:11:05 AM »
Friends, I spoke to Mr. Huntley today and he has had a little setback.. he is back in the hospital as they work things out getting his medications correct.  So all you at Bandon... all up in Truckee... and GCAers and the many many friends of Bob through this and other website... well let's keep those thoughts and prayers coming.  A few toasts to this great man is the least any of us can do.

Bob also reported that he was overwhelmed by the volume, and heart-felt sincerity of the emails and letters he has received.  I told him it was obviously well-deserved... but also to get better and soon!

Tom H.

Hi Tom,

I have only just learned of Bob's set back in regards to his health. Like you Tom, Bob was one of the very early posters on golf course architecture, going right back to the mid 1990s and the old Golf Web Site. If you visit Bob again in the near future, would you kindly pass on my sincerest best wishes to him for a speedy recovery and a return to his beloved golf.

Mike Duffy,
Bangkok.

Neil Regan

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 04:37:08 AM »
Bob,

Your friends need you. Keep on fighting.

Neil

Grass speed  <>  Green Speed

Jordan Wall

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 06:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the update, Huck.

Bob and Tiger, what can be said that hasn't been already?

You two are both great people and I wish full and quick recovery on both of you.

Hope to see both of you posting again soon,
Jordan

John Mayhugh

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »
Prayers for both Bob & John. I've been fortunate enough to meet both of them and in their own ways each seems larger than life to me. Hopefully this part of 2010 will prove to be just be a road bump for both of them. 

George Pazin

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
I haven't had the good fortune of meeting either, yet, but both are larger than life to me as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to both, thanks for letting us know.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Doug_Feeney

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 02:57:14 PM »
Mr. Huntley was kind enough to host a 2 friends and me at the Shore course in 06 and we still talk about the experience.  A true gentleman and an excellent golfing companion.  Get well soon Bob!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
Thank all of you for the well wishes. The surgery was successful. Now is the process of healing and learning to swallow again. One might want to short a few restaurent stocks now but 2011 earnings will be up for I will be back. I am just in shock to hear Bob is in the hospital. I knew he was feeling poor and having trouble shaking a bug. Bob listen to Leslie and get well. The ranks of people praying for you and your return to good health circles the globe. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon my friend Tiger

Mike Benham

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

Somewhere, I have pictures of Tiger I can post ... Both of you gentlemen need to get well soon ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back