News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

The King’s Putter 2010: Pictures and results.
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »

South Lake Tahoe:

May 22, 2008. High temperature  84 F.

May 22, 2008. High temperature 79 F.

May 22, 2010. High temperature 41 F.

Despite the unseasonably cool temperatures (major understatement), the wedding day came to fruition in fairytale fashion.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:54:58 PM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Ben Sims

Good to see we got a picture of a sand hazard and a green.  For a minute I thought golf has been forgotten on this thread. ;D

CONGRATS KYLE!!  Well done Sir.  Beautiful bride and beautiful wedding for sure!

I bid you adieu as we may never see you on a golf trip again. 

Kyle Henderson

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A chilly tour of Martis Camp has me a bit worried about our early tee time to kick off the festivities on Saturday, May 29th, but the pro at Old Greenwood assures me that everything will be fine.

The forecast for Saturday includes clear skies and a high of 65 F.

Wacky.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jed Peters

Did you make the putt?

Kevin_Reilly

Congrats...sorry to miss the festivities.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Evan Fleisher

CONGRATS my friend!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike Nuzzo

Congratulations Kyle
Great pictures
Did you get married at the King's Putter?
I think Gib or Tommy did that once....
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Garland Bayley

But, does she play golf?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Wyatt Halliday

Kyle,

Best wishes to you two. I hope the weather is great for you guys this weekend.

Cheers,
Wyatt

Richard Choi

Congrats KYLE!!! Great pics with a beautiful wife (also an obvious saint). You are a pretty photogenic for a bald guy... :)

Tony Weiler

Love the pic of you putting and her leaning on your back.  Range in the background, just priceless.  Congrats!!

Jon Spaulding

Hmmm.....I've been eagerly checking my mailbox for months, my wedding invitation never showed up. Must have gotten lost.

Kyle is hereby sentenced to renew his vows in front of an inebriated GCA audience at a Ted Robinson course. Alternatively, he can apologize to me on the first tee at CPC or equivalent.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Mike Benham

Top Notch, Top Notch ...

Quite the dashing couple you make and she must be an understanding soul ... "Hey honey, the week after we get married, I'm going to stay in Tahoe for the weekend with a bunch of internet "friends" and we are going to watch grass grow, look at mounds and bunkers, stroke our chins and nod our heads ..."
"... and I liked the guy ..."

JLahrman

Not only can I see a cheater line on the ball when I zoom in, but it appears Mr. Henderson received illegal assistance on the putt.  We can assume that this score will not be posted.

Nice leg kick too...I didn't know that was one of your moves!

John Keenan

Congratulations  Kyle 

My wife and I were married at the same church. Our wedding was on May 3 and we got snow!!  I guess in Tahoe you never really know. I suggest you take the weather as a good omen as it has been for us, This May we celebrated our 35th anniversary.

John
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

David Stamm

Congrats my good man! You two look beautiful together! Best of luck for the KP.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Pete Lavallee

Congratulations to the stunning couple. Oh and GO SO. CAL. !!!  ;D
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Kyle Henderson

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

Kyle Henderson

Friday, May 28, 2010

Somersett Country Club, Reno, NV

A single foursome starts thing off in semi-formal fashion.

Von Kiser drives off the second tee en route to scoring the first point for Nor Cal

A token butt shot of yours truly demolishing my own teammate and father 3&2.

Leahy puts a big shoulder turn on his innocent little ball.

My paternal unit tries to keep his head down in the face of 575 yards of double dog-legging, lake-laden peril.

9 hours to show time… Give or take frost delays.

PCCraig

Congrats on the wedding Kyle!!
H.P.S.

Kyle Henderson

May 29th, 2010

A misty morning finds the group waiting out a frost delay before game time at Old Greenwood.

Mr. Pittock successfully tests his tender wrist after a 2-month layoff.

Yost pitches over the first green.

The par 3 3rd

Snowy peaks beyond the par 3 17th.

Senior Henderson wills one in on the 17th. North Star-at-Tahoe Ski Resort lurks in the distance.

The brutally tough 18th hole climbs up to the clubhouse.

Von Kiser ekes out a few points for Nor Cal on the home hole at Gray’s Crossing.

Kyle Henderson

May 30th, 2010

Coyote Moon
A sentinel boulder sits short and right of the par 5 7th green.

The drop shot par 3 13th plays about 3 clubs shorter than the card would suggest, in calm conditions.

Four Ball:

K. Henderson and P. Kiser defeat T Leahy and A Stravides.
Pittock and Yost over Peters and Senior Henderson

Single matches:

K. Henderson over Leahy
A Stavrideator over Von Kiser
Yost over Peters
Pittock and S. Henderson all square (match extended to 36 holes)

So Cal up 9-5

Kyle Henderson

May 31st, 2010

Timilick Club

1st hole

Pitching green

Group 1
Peters, Pittock, Kiser, and Leahy (Kiser and Peters win 3 &2)

Group 2
Stravy, Henderson, and Yost (Straveraides over Henderson)

Group 3
Theile, Huckaby, Spaulding and Henderson (not pictured)

Spaulding 3 under after 2 holes, Theile assists (pictured below escaping the fairway bunker on the 12th) in victory over Huck/Henderson

So Cal leads 11-6…

Clear Creek tomorrow. ;)

Mike Benham

Spaulding 3 under after 2 holes ...

Is Spaulding's score measured in Bloody Mary's or beers?
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jon Spaulding

Spaulding 3 under after 2 holes ...

Is Spaulding's score measured in Bloody Mary's or beers?

Neither.....beard pulls.....
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back