News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

So, exactly who will be there this weekend at Bandon?
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »
So, I am planning to be at Bandon from Sun through Wed and was wondering who else will be there during that time. I know there is a GCA arranged trip for Fri thru Sun. Who else will be there to buy our new friend Andy some beers? Anyone interested in GCA dinner on Sun or Mon?

FYI, the weather report is not all that great, mid 50's through this week and next with smattering days of showers coming.

My countdown clock to OM tee time reades 7d 20h 01m 18s right now...

George Pazin

Re: So, exactly who will be there this weekend at Bandon?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
Andy better be there, or I am going to have some explaining to do!

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

MOM and Kalen are going to drive in from Utah on monday.

Anthonmy

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »
I'm showing up Wednesday mid-morning on the drive back from the King's Putter. Have an 11:30 on OM, then getting in the car again

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
I'm showing up Wednesday mid-morning on the drive back from the King's Putter. Have an 11:30 on OM, then getting in the car again

How's that back?   ??? ;)

John Mayhugh

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »
I arrive on Saturday evening and head out Wed afternoon.

Richard Choi

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
Great. I will see if I can arrange a late dinner (I am guessing we are all playing till dusk!) for all of us if you are interested.

Mr. Doak, will you be available for drinks on Sun or Mon night? Would love to finally meet the grand poobah. :)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »
Great. I will see if I can arrange a late dinner (I am guessing we are all playing till dusk!) for all of us if you are interested.

Mr. Doak, will you be available for drinks on Sun or Mon night? Would love to finally meet the grand poobah. :)

I'm sure a grand poobah has a more impressive title that Mr. However, I don't think the website moderators want us posting those kinds of titles.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sam Morrow

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

If Mayhugh is going to be there then it will be a party.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »

I'm sure a grand poobah has a more impressive title that Mr. However, I don't think the website moderators want us posting those kinds of titles.

::) 
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

John Mayhugh

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »

If Mayhugh is going to be there then it will be a party.

With 6:30 tee times and 45-54 holes every day, I may be the most boring person on the property. Though I'm sure my swing will at least provide some with amusement.

Richard Choi

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 07:32:57 PM »
I am expecting to play from sunup to sundown with dinner around 9PM and pretty much crashing in my bed soon after that. Doubtful there will be too much late night partying...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
I am expecting to play from sunup to sundown with dinner around 9PM and pretty much crashing in my bed soon after that. Doubtful there will be too much late night partying...

Will you be having Korean BBQ takeout ordered from in town and delivered to your room as you return from golf so that you can grab a quick bite before crashing?

Or will you just be bringing big jars of Kimchee from home?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Richard Choi

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
The food at Bandon is quite outstanding as is. No need for an import :)

Steve Lang

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
 8)

You may need the kimchee or may i suggest jalapenos during the rounds to keep warm!  

Note the loopers were calling Bandon Trails+Old Macdonald the "caddy-killer" assignment!  Good luck doing 45 or 54.. I assume that may include Shorty's ?

p.s. of course if you're used to Chambers Bay, the Bandon walks are easy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:06:08 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Bill Brightly

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 09:09:38 PM »
My tee time on Pacific Dunes on Sunday morning is right behind you Richard. I have been practicing a low running driver shot, just in case you slow down. If you see a Pro V1 with 3 black dots roll by, that means pick up the pace! 

Michael Robin

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 09:30:19 PM »
May 31- June 3. Anybody early at Old Macdonald on June 1?

John Mayhugh

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
May 31- June 3. Anybody early at Old Macdonald on June 1?

6:40

Richard Choi

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
6:30 AM for me (Tom D better be at the tee! :) ). Speaking of hitting up, I am sure Tim and Mayhugh will pretty quick with the trigger if my group slows down. Though, I would like to take my time and enjoy the course my first time around... :)

And Steve, I have done 54 holes and Ballyneal and I am pretty sure that is a much tougher walk (to me, its tougher than Chambers Bay) than any combo at Bandon. But I have been working out just in case!

Rob Miller

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »
I'm off at 8:50 but that's not exactly early compared to everyone else.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:58 AM »
I will be there Sunday to Wednesday AM if anyone wants to grab some foodie or a pint.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »
Geez guys,

If this website didn't exist, would anyone play at Bandon?

Tim Bert

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 01:10:01 PM »
6:30 AM for me (Tom D better be at the tee! :) ). Speaking of hitting up, I am sure Tim and Mayhugh will pretty quick with the trigger if my group slows down. Though, I would like to take my time and enjoy the course my first time around... :)

And Steve, I have done 54 holes and Ballyneal and I am pretty sure that is a much tougher walk (to me, its tougher than Chambers Bay) than any combo at Bandon. But I have been working out just in case!

We're privately rooting for you to slow things up so that we can enjoy exploring the course the first time around on opening day.  If we have to wait on you, that gives us a built in excuse.  We will fire some warning shots but purely for aesthetic reasons to make it look like we are doing the right thing to move the pace along.  We'll yell "fore!" to let you know when they're coming.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
Wow.

If I walked 36 holes a day two days in a row I'd be offering my Bandon rankings from a small hospital bed tucked inside the local bar, washing down the percodans with some bourbon.

I debated whether I should admit this, but figured if I ever get a chance to play with the Berts and Mayhughs of the world, I'd want them to know about my limitations. Don't get the wrong idea, though - I'm actually an unusually powerful man, and very intimidating in my physical presence and golfing prowess...

Peter

John Mayhugh

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
The downside with following Choi is no opportunity to scavenge tees he left behind.  One can hardly use a stray bristle.

Peter,
The key to walking a lot of holes isn't fitness. I'm fat.  Just gotta keep the feet happy.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back