News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

New Golf resort to be developed in Georgia
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »
Not that Georgia... it's in Tiblisi, Georgia.

The course will be designed by Peter Harradine, an architect based in Erlen, Switzerland.

http://www.golfincmagazine.com/news/developer-news/golf-resort-announced-tbilisi-georgia

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Phil_the_Author

Re: New Golf resort to be developed in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »
For a moment there I thought, "Boy, Mike Young is going to be really pissed oof that he didn't get this job!"

John Moore II

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »
Well, I suppose this might be a decent idea, but I have to wonder who will actually come play this place. After all, Georgia is not exactly the most stable place in the world politically. You know, they tend to have tank battles and gun fights with the Russians every so often... :o

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »
I know that Georgia and Russia are not the same place, but I always thought it would be really cool to build a golf course over there. I had a conversation with a shaper a few years ago who had just come back from a Norman project over there. He said it was an unlimited budget. He could get any material or machine he needed. I think it would be pretty sweet to have an unlimited budget, no matter what "style" one belongs to.

As a side note, none of the foreign construction crew were allowed to drive over there. The were scared that if they got pulled over, they would have to buy their way out from the police.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back