News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

What all golfers need to know before playing Golf
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:50 AM »
Clearly consideration for ones fellow GCA.com Members is not covered by any rules, however Golf has Rules and if you play Golf you need to follow them. The big question as always are you playing Golf or your own Game.

Check out The R&A own site for the Rules and for Course Etiquette why not take a refresher course by watching this short clip by Padraig Harrington.   

http://www.randa.org/videos/Etiquette_Video

If you have not already done so, you should also read the Etiquette Section - not more Rules as such, but a practical guide to getting around the course safely, in good time, with consideration for others and having taken good care of the course.

Remember the R&A own words Course Safety, In Good Time, Consideration for others and Care for the course.

I trust you will all have many enjoyable rounds in the full knowledge that your fellow players will be honouring the code for the enjoyment and safety of all – well lets hope so.

As mentioned above Etiquette is a practical guide to getting around the course safely, in good time, with consideration for others and having taken good care of the course. Illustrated by the following photos

The sign of a real course

Leave the course in the same condition as you found it – To designers I ask you to  remember the quote ’Land Fit for Purpose’

Your actions or lack of self control can be dangerous to others, secure footings at all times helps control the shot and retain the hold of the club.

When playing Golf you the golfers are the Guardians of The Course, please leave it better than you find it or report any damage.

Your game of Golf may not incorporate the same codes as mine but that’s still does not stop all of us from practising course safely, rounds in good time, consideration for others on the course and taking an interest in the wellbeing of the course.

Lecture and rant now in pause mode, thank you for taking an interest

Melvyn

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:58:53 AM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Bill_McBride

Re: What all golfers need to know before playing Golf
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:52 AM »
Love the "jumping the shark" image, thanks!

Steve Lang

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
 8) Nice link... I noticed that its ok to kick your caddy in the butt!  all in good fun.. ::)

One area completely lacking and thus why i must grade it a B,, cart etiquette.. like bag and nuisance proximity and exit from rear of green,.,. there are things which shouldn't be done with carts and which would be good added points.. independent of the walkball cartball discussion..

p.s. Mel, the other week i walked about 25 miles playing, and only 10 or so this past week.. we're good on that even in hot TX, before noon though
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:33 AM »

Steve

This is a cart free zone so please take your cart and follow the cart paths on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRK2o3EkOUw - the further from a course the better and for the sound effects try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUDtFdnn9oQ. Seems to explain cartballing in just a few words - be careful you don't spray your passenger ;)

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back