News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

Adidas Golf Job
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
Golf-loving social media addicts take note: In the midst of one of the toughest job markets since the Great Depression, adidas Golf, partnering with Yahoo! HotJobs, is offering a once-in-a-lifetime job opportunity for Web-savvy golf enthusiasts. This May, the company is launching its second "Wear in the World" challenge--setting the stage for the ultimate job interview.
Two candidates will be selected from a global search for the person who will fill the role of adidas Golf Social Media Catalyst. These two finalists will play some of the most extreme courses in the Northern Hemisphere, with adidas Golf's PGA, European, and Asian Tour Professionals. At the same time, they'll be creating and broadcasting compelling content through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media channels. The content must highlight not only their golf outings but also their travel adventures, and it must add loyal followers during their trip.

The job seekers' challenge is to bring the benefits of the adidas Golf brand to life and seamlessly weave product and brand messages together--demonstrating why they deserve to be the next adidas Golf employee.

The entire trip will be chronicled at www.adidasgolf.com/witw.

"adidas Golf is an authentic performance golf brand, so we wanted to test these finalists with the most authentic challenge that would demonstrate their ability to create great content," says Harry Arnett, vice president of brand and marketing for adidas Golf and Ashworth Golf. "Our hope is that through this unique adventure, a talented applicant will emerge who can help oversee our social media activities, an opportunity we have identified as being critical to the long-term growth of our business."

The finalists will be chosen on June 4 and will then be flown to TaylorMade-adidas Golf's headquarters in Carlsbad, where they will be trained and fit for TaylorMade and adidas Golf equipment, apparel, and footwear. The journey begins June 27 at the adidas Group headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany, and culminates in Bandon, Ore., on August 10--when one candidate will be chosen for the job.

Other locations include:

July 5: Norway
July 10: Scotland
July 16: Dubai, UAE
July 21: Chiang Mai, Thailand
July 26: South Korea
July 31: Japan
August 5: Canada
Traveling with an adidas Golf employee and a small documenting camera crew, the candidates will chronicle the trip for jealous golfers around the world. They'll also compete in a series of challenges--including problem solving, leadership, marketing, and budget management--that will test their fortitude off the golf course.

Seven months ago, adidas Golf launched its first edition of "Wear in the World," sending two employees on a 31-day adventure in the Southern Hemisphere to prove that adidas Golf apparel and its industry-leading footwear would stand up against the world's most extreme golf conditions. (Watch highlights from this edition.)

"The last adventure was a unique way for us to validate our industry-leading products and the performance technologies found in our apparel and footwear," adds Arnett. "While we look forward to seeing how these technologies withstand the extreme conditions found throughout this adventure, our objective is to find ourselves a passionate golfer who is savvy in social media and can contribute to our team."

The search for adidas Golf's new Social Media Catalyst has begun. Applicants have until May 13 to submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why they should be considered for this golfer's dream job

You can also connect with adidas Golf on Facebook and Twitter.

JC Jones

Re: Adidas Golf Job
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
If ever there was a job for Tom Paul, this is it.  Can you imagine his prose being limited to 140 characters at a time?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
THIS IS MINE!  ;)
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Bill Brightly

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
I'd like to nominate the duo of TE Paul and Tom Macwood, on the condition that they must play all rounds together and they each get 70 words.

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
From the website:

* For U.S. residents only

So much for that "global search."

Gene Greco

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
If ever there was a job for Tom Paul, this is it. 

JC:

Nah.

Tom hasn't worked in forty years.

And he hasn't put on any athletic apparel in thirty.

Just give him a pick up and a tasty constellation map and he's cool.

"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jonathan Webb

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
Did anyone apply for this position?

They are suppose to notify the finalists today between 12:00 - 5:00 pst.  I have no chance.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back