News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Re: You know you are addicted to GCA when...
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
...when you have your own wedding and GCA golf outing on the same weekend and place.

I seriously don't think anybody is topping that one. Talk about hard core...

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 05:49:57 AM »
When you drive for 5hours just to see a great golf course......

You spend a few hours in torrential rain just to talk about GCA and see a reknowned course (thanks Mayday) and then back it up with a few hours drive to see another one in the rain (thanks Rory)  ;)

Gene Greco

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »
Accompanied by a Southampton dentist, you stand in the rain, staring reverently at the graves of Seth  Raynor and Charles Blair Macdonald.

Mike

Or drive by on occasion unaccompanied just to make sure they are still there.

You never know.

From this group's perspective, it's a possibility they may have arisen.            :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:50:44 AM by Gene Greco »
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
If any of these are repeats I’m sorry:

-You name your first-born Alister, and you can’t wait to have more. 

-You use your 52” Hi-Def plasma TV as a monitor when visiting GCA.

-You get turned on when you hear the word “Merion”, so much so that you marry a woman named Merion.

-You make a life-size cardboard image of yourself so Merion has someone to sit         with at church on Sunday morning (fill in the day/time/denomination of your choice) while you’re going to Cobb’s Creek to see if Cirba is full of it or not.

-You actually rented Kurosawa’s “Ran” on Netflix, thinking it was about you-know-who.

-You spend rainy weekends building ‘houses’ made out of your scorecard collection, and you put them all back in their special file (in alphabetical order) when you’re done.

-You made flash cards out of all the a** photos on GCA, and you spend alternate rainy weekends testing yourself.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Garland Bayley

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »
...-You actually rented Kurosawa’s “Ran” on Netflix, thinking it was about you-know-who.

Now that's funny!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tony Weiler

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 11:28:29 PM »
...-You actually rented Kurosawa’s “Ran” on Netflix, thinking it was about you-know-who.

Now that's funny!

I don't care who you are!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back