News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Reverse Redans
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »

Pat,

Is The Creek's tee that elevated from the green surface?  

Yes, very much so.

As I recall the hole, it was pretty level with the tees--Wayne Freeman and I played there a few years ago.  I seem to recall Forsgate's reverse redan had a higher tee than the green, by a substantial amount, but it's been close to 8 years since I played there.

Forsgate's green is below the tee.

Do you like the reverse redan more or less than the "traditional" redan?

I like it less, since the marginal shot for a righty seems to be rewarded

And, back to the original 'drop shot' feature, is that because it's easier to hit a cut and have it hold the green, whereas, on a traditional redan, playing more level or below the green surface, a draw would have enough 'run' in it to hit the kicker and run down the green to left hole locations?
I think it's twofold.
One, because a marginal shot, fade/slice will follow the contours to the and on the green.
Two, because a draw will be stopped by the backstop like slope of the reverse redan.

Hidden Creek's redan-influenced 4th has a slightly elevated tee, as you know.  That was our starting hole 5 years ago during your symposium there.

I like the hole, but think the angularity is a little benign.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:47:47 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
Donnie Beck & Kevin,

One of the things that I like about FI and The Creek is the dual use of a redan green.

Both FI and The Creek use redan greens on par 4's while at the same time presenting a redan par 3 that's configured in the opposite direction.

I like that "dual" test.

Todd Bell

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
a 500 sq. ft. reverse redan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:14:33 PM by Todd Bell »

David_Tepper

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 01:22:56 AM »
While not in the CBM-SR-CB inventory, the 17th hole at Castle Stuart is a reverse-Redan, with the tee slightly above the green. It is by no means a drop shot hole.

Wayne Freeman

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 02:14:35 AM »
Having just returned from NY,  I've seen a lot of Redans recently.... Fishers,  Knoll Club, Sleepy Hollow, all of which I really like.  Thinking about the reverse Redan,  I loved the one at Sleepy and don't feel the options are really any less because it is a reverse hole.  In fact, comparing the downhill regular Redan at Yale to the reverse at Sleepy, I think I like the reverse one more aesthetically.
BTW,  several years ago when I was in St. Louis,  I was pretty shocked to see a very good reverse Redan 2nd hole at the muni course Forest Park ( I think it was the second), and I believe it is pretty much level with the tee area.
        Doug-   great to see your post.  What a super day we had at Creek!   Wayne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back