News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pat Ruddy

Visit The European Club ... bring a golf book
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »
Seeing that The European Club has taken a bit of a pasting on GCA in recent times, indeed over the years, here's an offer to come and judge for yourself in June.  We think you might enjoy it.

Our standard Summer guest fee is €180 per person for 1-round or €250 for 2-rounds played by the same person within the space of 7-days.

Here's the deal:

The dollar and sterling are both hammering the Euro at this time.  So, it is the best time in years to visit Ireland money-wise.

To make it better, a verified member of GCA may come with 1, 2 or 3 guests at a 50% discount from the above rates in June 2010  with the single proviso ..... each visitor, in addition to paying the reduced fee, must bring a gift of a golf book to be added to our Golf Library which now numbers above 5,000 volumes (hopefully we will gain some volumes we do not have already .... but it doesn't matter if we have the book already or not as we plan putting "doubles" on display for public reading sometime down the line).

Exception: No visitors on June 21 when the links is closed to visitors so I  can enjoy my XXXXX birthday in peace and privacy.

To book just e-mail info@theeuropeanclub.com, identify yourself as a GCA member and make payment.

If I am around when you visit we might have a chat,

Pat Ruddy

Paul Carey

Re: Visit The European Club ... bring a golf book
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »
Thanks Pat.  Clever idea.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
Pat:

I look forward to taking you up on your offer someday (apart from June 21st).

Pat Ruddy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »
Tom

You would be my honoured guest anytime. 
Not even a book!

PR

Mike Policano

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
Pat,

Great generous offer!  I have played the TEC a couple of times with friends from the Dublin area.  Each time I have had the pleasure of listening to some of your stories.  I will see if I can get my bride to leave pollen laden New Jersey to visit one of her favorite countries. I have a Tillinghast book in mind.

Cheers, Mike

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »
I regret I will not be able to take advantage of this offer.  I will visit someday.

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »
Mr. Ruddy, does TEC Library have One Divot at a Time?

It is a terrific little book that if charted in a Venn diagram format, would have many GCA people and threads overlapped by its circles. Written by our very own Jim Colton, a few copies of this book should be in your library.  I'm not headed to Ireland for 3 more years, and so I'll have to ship it to you - if you don't already have it. I can even get it autographed for you!

http://www.amazon.com/One-Divot-Time-Full-Fledged-Addict/dp/1448697298?&camp=212361&linkCode=wey&tag=httpwwwwegobl-20&creative=380737

George Pazin

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »
That's an extremely generous offer. Please post a shipping address where we can send books, for those of us who can't make it over but wish to contribute.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 02:10:55 PM »
Great idea re: the club's library. More clubs should have one where member's can donate their collections and others can borrow them or read them on a wet day.
H.P.S.

Pat Ruddy

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »
Mark Demetriou:
Mr. Ruddy, does TEC Library have One Divot at a Time?

It is a terrific little book that if charted in a Venn diagram format, would have many GCA people and threads overlapped by its circles. Written by our very own Jim Colton, a few copies of this book should be in your library.  I'm not headed to Ireland for 3 more years, and so I'll have to ship it to you - if you don't already have it. I can even get it autographed for you!

Mr Demetriou
I do not have Jim Colton's book.  I would treasure a copy and all the more so if it is signed by the author.
I will trade you a gift voucher for a game for one here at anytime into the future that I am alive .... plus a copy of my own modest Fifty Years in a Bunker.
Deal?

George Pazin,
Please post a shipping address where we can send books, for those of us who can't make it over but wish to contribute.

Mr. Pazin,
A most generous thought.   You can get to us at :  The European Club, Brittas Bay, Wicklow, Ireland.   
I will seek to reply suitably.

OTHERS:
I have received a number of kind ideas through the GCA messaging service which asks that one should not reply by that route.
I would like to reply but would need e-mail addresses sent to me at info@theeuropeanclub.com to faciloitate this.

PR

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »
It has, unfortunately, been a few years since my last visit to The European Club.  I have been there three times.  Twice for extended stays at the nearby Tinakilly House.  Pat and his son Gerry are gracious hosts.  TEC is a great place to visit and play.  I am happy for my acquaintance with Pat.
My first visit was the year after the club opened.  I had not been with Pat more than a few minutes, when he said, "Come get in my 'golf mobile'."  We got into a beat up old Datsun and he drove me around the course explaining the whys and wherefores of each hole.  It was one of the most fascinating hours I have spent on a golf course.  His love and commitment to the course and his striving for excellence in its design are second to none.  TEC is always a work in progress. 
A couple of years ago I received a package from Ireland.  Imagine my surprise and delight to get a gift of Pat's book Fifty Years in a Bunker.  It is a great read.
Take Pat up on his offer.  You can't go wrong.  Just watch out for the second shot on 18.  It is a doozy.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

John Moore II

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
I really wish I were able to take up on this offer, the rates are great, but it would probably cost a whole month's pay to get there. Bummer.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 06:22:25 AM »
Pat

Is this offer open to people who aren't critics of the European Club?!

I have a beautiful book called Planet golf - The Definitive Reference to Great Golf Courses Outside the United States of America and would be delighted to add it to your library, if you don't have it already.

Regards

John
John Marr(inan)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 07:56:23 AM »
Seeing that The European Club has taken a bit of a pasting on GCA in recent times, indeed over the years, here's an offer to come and judge for yourself in June.  We think you might enjoy it.

Our standard Summer guest fee is €180 per person for 1-round or €250 for 2-rounds played by the same person within the space of 7-days.

Here's the deal:

The dollar and sterling are both hammering the Euro at this time.  So, it is the best time in years to visit Ireland money-wise.

To make it better, a verified member of GCA may come with 1, 2 or 3 guests at a 50% discount from the above rates in June 2010  with the single proviso ..... each visitor, in addition to paying the reduced fee, must bring a gift of a golf book to be added to our Golf Library which now numbers above 5,000 volumes (hopefully we will gain some volumes we do not have already .... but it doesn't matter if we have the book already or not as we plan putting "doubles" on display for public reading sometime down the line).

Exception: No visitors on June 21 when the links is closed to visitors so I  can enjoy my XXXXX birthday in peace and privacy.

To book just e-mail info@theeuropeanclub.com, identify yourself as a GCA member and make payment.

If I am around when you visit we might have a chat,

Pat Ruddy

This is one of the trhings I was getting to when I mentioned we should consider ourselves blessed for being on this site. The Spirit of the Game lives in gentlemen golfers.

Anthony

Pat Ruddy

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
Mr Marr

Every member of GCA is welcome.

I sincerely hope that even those with whom I have crossed-words may come for a cup of tea and a scone. Golfers are my favourite species ion this wee planet of ours ......

PR

Jack_Marr

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
Thanks Pat

John is less formal. I've been using the shortened version of my name for years here, but it's actully Marrinan (like in my signature below).

I love the Europen Club and I'll be there soon with a book.

John
John Marr(inan)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back