News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Boon

Re: Starting Tues., 5/11/10 - Get To Know Ben Stephens
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »
Ben,

I thought you'd get the movie reference!

Your love of the Tayside Terror may have driven me nuts when we worked together, but I'm sure we can have a decent chat about it some day. Maybe even a round there?

I just spotted your photo thread of Stapleford Park. Good photos! But the course looked a bit flat and lifeless to me? Am I missing something?

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Ben Stephens

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
Ben, really looking forward to meeting you at the Buda Cup!  Are you joining James Boon and the rest of us at Burnham and Berrow on the day before?

Hi Bill, (or is it Ace?)

Yes I am joining James Boon as we are sharing a car to travel to BUDA events this yr. Look fwd to meeting you as well  ;D

Cheers
Ben

Ben Stephens

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
Ben:

I also look forward to meeting you at BUDA.

Are there unique challenges associated with playing given your hearing?

Hi Jason,

I also look forward meeting you at Buda. No real unique challenges associated with playing as I am ok physically and mentally ;D - its when someone else calls 'FORE" from far afield that I find it hard to pick up and react more slowly than others I have got used to bird noises and other natuaral sounds - I have had a cochlear implant for 10 years and before that hearing aids which was not where near as good.

Cheers
Ben

Ben Stephens

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »
Ben,

I thought you'd get the movie reference!

Your love of the Tayside Terror may have driven me nuts when we worked together, but I'm sure we can have a decent chat about it some day. Maybe even a round there?

That will resolve some issues - to me its the hardest and fairest test in championship golf - Any other club call their main course 'The Championship Course?' Will definitely love to take you around it sometime  ;D

I just spotted your photo thread of Stapleford Park. Good photos! But the course looked a bit flat and lifeless to me? Am I missing something?

I Actually sent an email to Donald Steel with a link to the thread. His reply was "Not easy taking photographs on flat land. The course looked in reasonable condition in spite of the difficult spring. It is still cold" it is a difficult course to take photos as it does not really show the shaping. I guess you will have to come a see it so that you can have your own opinion of the course

Bill Longmoir shot 64 there in the first round!! 9 under - not bad for a Senior ;D Sam Torrance a disappointing 75 and Ian Woosnam a 74 today

Ben Stephens

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 03:53:17 AM »
Here is Rutland Water's website for details - http://www.rutlandwatergolfcourse.co.uk/

Shortcut link to comments from others - http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/25806/Rutland_Water_Golf_Course.html

Cheers
Ben

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back