News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick Hodgdon

Re: Sponsor a fellow GCA'er!
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »
Fwiw, it's not too late for anyone. I believe Andy's parents picked up the balance beyond what we sent, so anything received at this point or later would help them to recoup expenses driven up by my big mouth...

Just sent my small contribution.

As I see Dr. Gray has taken young Andy under his wing I trust he is in fine hands out in Oregon.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Jud_T

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »
Anyone who can balance a beer and a smoke so gracefully in one hand must have some talent, but I'm calling foul on that piece of fruit!  ;)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Pazin

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2010, 02:04:58 PM »
Gotta disagree, Jud. 2 must fruits:

orange slice in Blue Moon
lemon slice in Hoegaarden

Sorry if that offends any purists...

:)

Actually, both are fine without, but better with. Just gotta ignore the funny looks.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Scott Szabo

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2010, 06:07:16 PM »
Anyone who can balance a beer and a smoke so gracefully in one hand must have some talent, but I'm calling foul on that piece of fruit!  ;)

Have you personally met Mr. Gray?  Calling him a fruit without meeting him could be offensive......

I think I should have become a dentist - the vacation time appears to be quite extensive!

"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Anthony Gray

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
Fwiw, it's not too late for anyone. I believe Andy's parents picked up the balance beyond what we sent, so anything received at this point or later would help them to recoup expenses driven up by my big mouth...

And help him get a haircut.

Anthony

Andy Gray

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2010, 02:29:39 AM »
I only just realised there were computers here!

Firstly, Anthony, thanks for the flattering photos, but the hair is staying!

Jud, it is a local wheat beer which is supposedly meant to be consumed with a lemon slice, and I must admit is is quite nice.

Scott, I am definitely being looked after here. GCA'ers are awesome people.

Highlights so far is playing my first round on Pac dunes and proceeding to lose my ball on the first tee, spending some time with Tom Doak and George Bahto and listening to their musings on architecture, playing a round at Pacific with Tom Doak and demonstrating that it is easy to birdie the 6th from the left rough below the bunker, playing with Michael Robin who is an outstanding guy, and shooting 76 around Old Mac on the first try.

That is just a brief update, once I get back to Sydney I can put up a load of photos and try to explain the absolutely this wonderful adventure.

Once again i thank everyone for their generosity, and hopefully I can repay/pay this forward whenever possible.

Andy

Tom_Doak

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2010, 02:35:51 AM »
He didn't even mention driving the 13th green at Old Macdonald today to close out his opponents.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
He didn't even mention driving the 13th green at Old Macdonald today to close out his opponents.

Wow, always nice knowing George picked a stud for us to sponsor.

So he not only has Dr. Gray's good looks but he can play too. Throw in that Australian accent and he could have the ladies here in the States falling at his feet in no time.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Garland Bayley

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
Jud, it is a local wheat beer which is supposedly meant to be consumed with a lemon slice, and I must admit is is quite nice.

It's a hefeweizen Andy. Glad to see Oregonians brought a little culture to the barbarian from down under. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hefeweizen#Weissbier

Note that according to the wikipedia article, Bavarians frown on the Austrian and American habit of adding the lemon.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back