News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Gray

Re: Sponsor a fellow GCA'er!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
Sorry guys, I've never used paypal before. Do you only need the email address that the paypal is registered with to send money?

Richard Choi

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
The email address of the account is all we need.

Andy Gray

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
Seems strange, either way here it is.

grays@bigpond.net.au

Thanks again everyone, this is simply amazing!

Richard Choi

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
Fund sent! Let us know if it went through okay.

Jason Hines

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »
Do confirm Andy,

I forgot one tiny stipulation.... you have to stay away from our women.  ;D

Andy Gray

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »
Do confirm Andy,

I forgot one tiny stipulation.... you have to stay away from our women.  ;D

I can't promise anything Jason!   ;D

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »
Andy

Funds have been transferred. I'm sure you will have a wonderfull experience. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

What's your full itinerary looking like ?

Andy Gray

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
There are two options, depending on whether I can defer an assessment I have for uni.

Option 1: If I have to come back for the test

Sydney to Bandon: Leave 26/05/10 arrive 27/05/10
Bandon: 27/05/10 - 30/05/10
Bandon to Sydney: Leave 30/05/10 arrive 0/06/10 6am - test would be at 2pm. Tight schedule!

Option 2: If I postpone my test

Sydney to Bandon: Leave 26/05/10 arrive 27/05/10
Bandon: 27/05/10 - 30/05/10
LA: 30/05/10 - 03/06/10
LA to Sydney: Leave 06/06/10 arrive 05/06/10 - in time for my soccer game.

Not set in stone, I haven't even booked flights because so much hinges on university. Even if I have to come home straight after Bandon it will definitely be worth it!

Andy

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »
Andy

Sounds great - though I'm worried about the football bit....we are talking about a golf trip aren't we ?  ;D

Phil McDade

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
If the collective will of GCA can get someone from Austrailia to Bandon, can't we mass-email the university folks and urge a delay in this exam, which in the greater scheme of things can't be more important in the long run of life than hanging out at Bandon? Don't we have some Aussies on the board?

Andy -- ship me an email of any and all applicable university folks holding you up and I'll write the world's most polite letter explaining the need for some leeway on this exam date!

Andy Gray

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
Andy

Sounds great - though I'm worried about the football bit....we are talking about a golf trip aren't we ?  ;D

I have to get back to start studying for exams anyway... And I'm not sure if the captain should be missing more than one game (although I have missed one already due to injury, ruptured cartilage in my ribs - which hopefully won't affect my golf).

Phil, we have a few people trying to help me out in that regard, the problem is it is a process which must be followed, and I'm not sure if it would help (usually special consideration is only given for medical reasons). The lecturer understands the importance of this, so hopefully he will give me some time.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2010, 10:14:36 PM »
Andy

Well there's around 14hrs to study both there and back between continents + air time to Oregon etc you'll have plenty of time to cram  ;)

Scott Warren

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
Andy,

Perhaps Michael Taylor might jump in with the offer of a round at NSWGC for your professor to help him reach a favourable decision ;D

Michael Taylor

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »
I don't object to that.  :D

Tony Weiler

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:24 AM »
Sent via PayPal.  Have a great trip!!

Andy Gray

« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
The payments have started coming through! I will confirm that I have received the money to each person via email.

You guys are legends! This is unbelievable.

Andy

George Pazin

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »
Okay, we are officially rockin' and rollin'. I'm thrilled people are using the paypal option - that is definitely my preference. My business has finally come out of winter solstice, so I'm gonna increase my donation a bit, and I will be sending in my golfclubatlas contribution shortly as well.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Joe Fairey

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »
mine has also been sent by PayPal....enjoy your time here....

Jud_T

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
Done-Have fun!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jason Topp

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
I sent $100 by paypal - the extra $50 is to help with collections.  Hopefully it will result in some extra money for the effort.

George Pazin

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
Thanks, Jason.

I'm not worried about the discrepancy between pledged and collected, we only posted the info recently, and my total does not include the posters who have paypal'd money separately.

As an update, I did get a few more checks today, I'm up to $300 collected and I think we're over $1700 pledged; judging by others' statements about paypal, I'd guess another 3-500 has been sent to Andy.

Paypal instructions:

Someone sent me a message asking how to do this. I will try to explain - if anyone sees an error in my explanation, please point it out!

Basically, if you have a paypal account, you go the payapl website, login to your account. There will then be an option to send someone money. You enter the amount and the recipient's paypal account (which is the email Andy listed above: grays@bigpond.net.au), and then paypal will debit your account and credit Andy's dad's account. If you don't keep money in your accout, it will debit a credit card linked to the account, or a checking account linked to the account, or you can manually add to your paypal account by sending money to it from a credit card or checking account.

Hope that helps.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Rob Miller

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 04:40:50 PM »
sent by paypal...see you in Bandon.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2010, 01:00:51 AM »
Hi Andy and George,
Andy - have a great time.

$50US has been sent via PayPal - lucky to get in now - Aussie dollar in free fall - trip just got 10% (approx) more expnsive since the thread began.

Have a great experience.

Brett
@theflatsticker

Adam Clayman

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:07 AM »
Just sent using paypal. The receipt said I just paid Duncan.
 Is that correct?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jim Franklin

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »
Just sent using paypal. The receipt said I just paid Duncan.
 Is that correct?

I believe that is his father.
Mr Hurricane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back