News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: Was anyone bored watching the Zurich Classic?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
Jason,

I'm glad you had a great time and I'm sure you're right that Troy Merritt is a first class individual.  And I'll also give credit to your observation about the green complexes.  That having been said, as a television event, it played like a glorified Nationwide event, which is a huge problem for the PGA Tour, because Zurich is paying real money to be a sponsor and CBS had its "A Team" down there covering this narcolepsy-inducing telecast.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Jason Walker

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 12:52:56 PM »
Terry-
I actually agree with you and I should have drawn a distinction between the 'golf event' and the 'golf broadcast'.   But then, I've never enjoyed CBS's broadcasting of regular Tour events.  I'm probably not the best guy to comment as I pay attention to every event and have friends in golf production at other networks, but the CBS formula is just tired.  It's personality-driven broadcasting which doesn't work in my opinion, which is a shame because that back nine yesterday was a shootout and should have aired better.  As for the fact that there weren't any "names" on the leaderboard, I really feel the Tour is in a huge transition right now and this will be the norm.  Almost reminds me of the late 80's-early 90's Tour. 

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 02:55:32 PM »
My mom and dad, who watch golf religiously, told me they watch an old movie instead.  They said the field bored them.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

David Stamm

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
Was there a tournament this weekend? ;D
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Gary Slatter

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
I enjoyed watching, happy to see the winner and his great finish including the shot on 18, the course looked interesting although so did the course of the other Nike Tour event.   :)
If there is no LPGA golf to watch, I'll watch anything.  The Senior event, for the first time this year, wasn't as enjoyable to watch.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »

Unless, of course, it's the LPGA, and my motives for watching that are somewhat different.

K

Who's your favorite?   ??? ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back