News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike H

Ohio Golf
« on: April 18, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »
I live in Dayton, OH and am a member at NCR CC.  I would like to get 6 or 7 single digit handicappers and travel around Ohio every 2 or 3 weeks and play some nice country clubs.  Being a member at NCR can get me on most courses except the super elite clubs.  If anyone is interested in doing this let me know and maybe we can set something up in a couple weeks.

Cliff Hamm

Re: Ohio Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »
OT I enjoy...this is beyond OT

John Moore II

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »
OT I enjoy...this is beyond OT

This is in no way OT. This is 100% on topic. This is an interested member trying to get other members to travel around and expand their knowledge of golf architecture. How is wanting to see other courses off topic? I've thought of posing the same question myself from time to time.

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »
You are likely correct..just kind of struck me the wrong way about single digits and I can get on most courses. 

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »
What a cool way to make some new better than average golf friends.

John Moore II

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:38:18 AM »
You are likely correct..just kind of struck me the wrong way about single digits and I can get on most courses. 

Yeah, I suppose this is the opposite of the "access whoring" we see here at times. Perhaps this is "access pimping?" I think its a really cool thing to do, myself. Especially considering Mike all ready has the access to a certain degree and is willing to share if possible.

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »
Mike, My handicap is not single digit, but I would definitely partake in this if you'll have me!
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Billsteele

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 07:53:28 AM »
Sorry Mike (and Tiger), I would love to do this on occasion but I am no better than average.

Mike H

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »
I did not mean to offend anyone by posting this but I have always wanted to get a group of guys who are not afraid to play the back tees and experience new golf courses.  I am willing to use the contact of NCR to access new golf courses which I do on a regular basis.  I am able to get on most golf courses by doing this.  I don't think this is much different than people posting for events like the Midwest Mashie. 

Billsteele

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:32:46 AM »
Mike-No offense taken here. The only difference between your post and events like the Dixie Cup and the Midwest Mashie is that they do not place handicap restrictions on the invitation. They are open ended. If such restrictions were in place, a great deal of fellowship and good times would have been missed over the years. Appreciation of golf course architecture is not limited to low handicappers.

Carr Harris

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 09:54:11 AM »
Mike,

I would love to do this as much as my schedule allows. Having a young child can make things difficult but I fit your criteria and would love to see some different courses around the state. Hopefully we can get together & make it happen

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back