News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Re: National Memberships
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2011, 06:01:37 AM »

-Be in a town/city that my wife liked and could find things to do in

Ben,

You seem like a good guy. You will learn later in life that this is the ONLY reason a national club flies, at least in my house.  ;)

Doak 5's on Cape Cod are much easier to sell to my wife than Doak 8-9's in the Sand Hills!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2011, 07:12:49 AM »
Public and private clubs provide a different experience.  Bandon vs Sand Hills (or another similiar course) isn't the same.  Some may prefer one and someone else another.

Great observation and doesn`t this really have a lot to do with the choices people make.

JC Jones

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:53 AM »
Hell I can't get away from swarms of GCA guys at my national club.  I want a club where I can play a round in solitude without seeing a bunch of flatbellied twenty somethings wearing bifocals and carrying hickories for their 3rd round of the day and kibitzing about insider industry stuff instead of the hot blonde on the first tee...

We had a hot blond on the first tee ????  Where was she in Aug when I was there ??? Figures

She was where all hot women are when you're around...somewhere else.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jim Colton

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
I think there are deals to be had. Just this week, I received an multiple unsolicited offers to join national clubs with little or no initiation.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:44:07 PM by Jim Colton »

John Handley

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »
The California Golf Club of San Francisco recently created a National Membership program.  There are a limited number available but you can PM me if interested.  It is a perfect sceario as SF is a major city with a number of inexpensive flights, the weather makes golf playable 12 months and the courses proximity to the airport is wonderful.  The Cal Club was also named to this year's GOLF Magazine Top 100 list.  Not to mention the guys at the club are some of the best you'll find anywhere.  Oh did I mention no tee times needed?

John
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

Jud_T

« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
I was at a semi-prominent East Coast club (just outside top 100 classic) and when I casually inquired was somewhat surprised to hear that the only National Memberships they offered were for full members who had moved away from the area.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tim Bert

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2011, 12:43:07 PM »
I think there are deals to be had. Just this week, I received an unsolicited, 'confidential' special offer to join a national destination club for zero initiation and around $4,200 in dues.

Congratulations on the offer from NGLA!!!  They will be heartbroken when you turn them down.   ;)

Tim Martin

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
Hell I can't get away from swarms of GCA guys at my national club.  I want a club where I can play a round in solitude without seeing a bunch of flatbellied twenty somethings wearing bifocals and carrying hickories for their 3rd round of the day and kibitzing about insider industry stuff instead of the hot blonde on the first tee...

We had a hot blond on the first tee ????  Where was she in Aug when I was there ??? Figures

She was where all hot women are when you're around...somewhere else.

;D ;D

Sean Leary

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
I think there are deals to be had. Just this week, I received an unsolicited, 'confidential' special offer to join a national destination club for zero initiation and around $4,200 in dues.

Jim,

Do you think this came from a club trying to take advantage of the situation at Ballyneal knowing you are a member?

Scott Warren

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
Jim,

That's pretty great value -- was payment offered in 21 instalments of $201?

JC Jones

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
  ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:04:14 PM by JC Jones »
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »
All I had to do was see your name on the reply list and I already knew . Well done  I won't even offer a rebuttal i'll let you have your moment............ For now

JC Jones

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »
I miss the ginzu master.

Scott Warren

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »
How many times are you going to edit that post and change its contents, Jason? What's that, four times in an hour?!

JC Jones

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »
How many times are you going to edit that post and change its contents, Jason? What's that, four times in an hour?!

Just twice.  I figured why point out the obvious when everyone can see it for themselves.

How is Pat Ruddy?

Mac Plumart

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2011, 11:05:44 AM »
Public and private clubs provide a different experience.  Bandon vs Sand Hills (or another similiar course) isn't the same.  Some may prefer one and someone else another.

Great observation and doesn`t this really have a lot to do with the choices people make.

Tim...yes.  That is why I keep bumping this thread and adding bits of new information that I gather.  It is all about people and what they want from a golf course.  Public clubs, local privates, national clubs, national destination clubs, resorts, international, etc.

I simply see this thread as a source of information.  
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Peter Ferlicca

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »
STONE EAGLE GOLF CLUB has a very attractive non-resident golf membership deal going on right now under the new ownership.  Have a chance to belong to a great Tom Doak private club in the middle of Palm Desert, CA.  A year round golf club with great course conditions presented.  Not many places offer a great national membership open year round.  Enjoy one of the finest desert courses, and an amazing food and beverage experience.

To find out more about the details contact;
Bill Feil (Director of Golf) 760-773-6160

Mac Plumart

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Chechesse Creek from another thread...

There is for a limited time, what in my opinion, is a very attractive membership offering.

Currently there is no initation fee....only need to pay dues

National Member $4,500
Junior Member (ages 21-41) $2,500
International Member (residence not in North America) $1,000

Here is the attracive kicker, in the first year, you will receive a credit of 1/2 of the dues in the form of club credit that can be used for any club charges other than caddy fees or dues. It can be used for lodging, food, booze, clothing. The credit does not expire.

Also, a current member that refers a new member gets the same club credit as his new member!

This is a temporary offer and there has been a lot of activity. If you are interested I would recommend moving quickly. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Cheers!
John Engelbrecht
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
... And even some local clubs are starting to create national membership categories to subsidize their business -- Stonewall and Saucon Valley are two that I know of which have done this in the past year.  

Stonewall
*  No residence located (whether primary or otherwise) within 75 miles from Stonewall
*  Must be a member or partner of another private golf club
*  Limited to a maximum of 12 rounds of golf at Stonewall in any calendar year plus rounds played while a paying overnight guest at Stonewall
*  May bring guests to play at normal greens fees
*  No requirement for Unit ownership - No requirement to pay assessments
*  $1,750* per year dues
*  Entitled to use of overnight accommodations in the North Course Farmhouse at no charge for up to 6 nights annually for the National member and up to 3 guests who are also playing Stonewall (subject to availability).
http://www.sauconvalleycc.org/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?GRP=9205&NS=PM&APP=80&DN=MEMTYPES

Saucon Valley
http://www.sauconvalleycc.org/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?GRP=9205&NS=PM&APP=80&DN=MEMTYPES
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tim Martin

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
... And even some local clubs are starting to create national membership categories to subsidize their business -- Stonewall and Saucon Valley are two that I know of which have done this in the past year.  

Stonewall
*  No residence located (whether primary or otherwise) within 75 miles from Stonewall
*  Must be a member or partner of another private golf club
*  Limited to a maximum of 12 rounds of golf at Stonewall in any calendar year plus rounds played while a paying overnight guest at Stonewall
*  May bring guests to play at normal greens fees
*  No requirement for Unit ownership - No requirement to pay assessments
*  $1,750* per year dues
*  Entitled to use of overnight accommodations in the North Course Farmhouse at no charge for up to 6 nights annually for the National member and up to 3 guests who are also playing Stonewall (subject to availability).

Saucon Valley

Although Saucon Valley breaks down the memberships by category that is as much as you get without receiving a phone call as an email address is insufficient for pricing information.

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
In reviewing national memberships why do so few clubs post the information prospective members are looking for online?  Of the 50 or so club websites I’ve gone to for information on national memberships only Hazeltine had actual useful information (aside from a contact) http://www.hngc.com/getattachment/Membership/Golf-Memberships-(2)/WM-GOLF-APPLICATION---ALL.pdf.aspx

They even allow you to apply online!

So why are most clubs reluctant to put the information online?

The only logical conclusions I can come up with are:
1) The fees change regularly (not a good thing in my mind…even if they change annually it’s not hard to update the website)
2) They really want to give you the full sales pitch (also not a good thing in my mind)
3) Privacy - I think this applies to very few courses as most places quickly e-mail or mail you the information without verification after an online inquiry.
Going through the process has been a bit of hassle/work.  What am I missing?

Also I don’t think I fully understand the Deal/ Lahinch type international lifetime memberships offered at some courses in the UK/Ireland.  Is it essentially a 10k initiation and then annual fees for unlimited golf and membership or is it 10k for your lifetime of unlimited golf and membership, as long as you don’t maintain a residence in the country?

Tim Martin

« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
In reviewing national memberships why do so few clubs post the information prospective members are looking for online?  Of the 50 or so club websites I’ve gone to for information on national memberships only Hazeltine had actual useful information (aside from a contact) http://www.hngc.com/getattachment/Membership/Golf-Memberships-(2)/WM-GOLF-APPLICATION---ALL.pdf.aspx

They even allow you to apply online!

So why are most clubs reluctant to put the information online?

The only logical conclusions I can come up with are:
1) The fees change regularly (not a good thing in my mind…even if they change annually it’s not hard to update the website)
2) They really want to give you the full sales pitch (also not a good thing in my mind)
3) Privacy - I think this applies to very few courses as most places quickly e-mail or mail you the information without verification after an online inquiry.
Going through the process has been a bit of hassle/work.  What am I missing?

Also I don’t think I fully understand the Deal/ Lahinch type international lifetime memberships offered at some courses in the UK/Ireland.  Is it essentially a 10k initiation and then annual fees for unlimited golf and membership or is it 10k for your lifetime of unlimited golf and membership, as long as you don’t maintain a residence in the country?

I think that they want to give the sales pitch as well as have you believe there is more exclusivity. This isn`t any different than many private clubs that don`t offer some sort of national program.

Mark Steffey

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »
i like the application (and questions).

i think the lack of information is primarily due to the fact that these are private enterprises.  if you make the phone call though to ask, why would they not share that information?  seems like win-win to me.  let them know you are interested.

as spicoli said when he gave mick jagger's guitar pick away... 'it's cool, you showed interest'  ;D

Howard Riefs

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »

Another one is Bulls Bay:

Plans:            http://www.bullsbaygolf.com/pdf/MembershipFees.pdf
Application:    http://www.bullsbaygolf.com/pdf/MembershipApplication.pdf

Unfortunately, they don't differentiate between the National and Local members for initiation ($50K), though it is 90% refundable.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »
I have heard through the grapevine that The Honors Course has some attractive National Membership offering right now.  Does anyone know the details?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back