News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

OT--Creative Golf Marketing
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Has anyone worked with/know this group?  They operate out of Kansas.  Our club has retained them to consult on a membership drive.

Thanks,

Ira

Jeff_Brauer

Re: OT--Creative Golf Marketing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »

Don't know the firm.

Most creative golf marketing I ever saw was "Free golf with purchase of $34 hot dog."
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »
Thanksgiving Point here in Utah used to have a neat winter special going on....may still have it. 

In the winter months, if there's no snow on the ground, the green fees for the day were the previous days' high temperature (In F for our overseas friends).  I've played my fair share of weekend rounds there for $25 and less!  And at those temps slow play is non-existent!  ;D

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:13:46 PM »

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
 8)  perhaps a talk with the folks who hired them is in order?  Their website portrays they're focused on what works to get new members and retain old ones...

good luck
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Daryl David

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
Steve Graves from CGM seems to be the go to guy for clubs struggling with how to navigate the current private club dynamic. I know of several clubs he has worked with. In every case, the recommendation was to transition from the equity model (maybe get your money back if you leave provided you clear the massive sell list) to a lower priced non refundable initiation model (if you leave you forfeit the downstroke)

It is an interesting study in people’s thinking. Clubs used to be marketed as low risk since you will get your money back when you leave. However, you are on the hook for dues while you wait for your name to move to the top of the sell list. With long sell lists at most clubs, this has become problematic.  The consultants believe prospective members are now more interested in a low non refundable initiation fee with the flexibility of walking on a moments notice.

I guess my dad know what he was talking about. When I was considering joining my first club, he told me to forget about ever getting that downstroke back.  Just consider it prepaid extra dues. The guy was 30 years ahead of his time.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back