News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

Did Phil Stiff Lee after winning on 18?
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
Looked to me (TV viewer) like Phil hugged his caddy and Lee's caddy, but did not go for a handshake with Lee, lurking.  Did I miss something, or was Lee not sufficiently aggressive with his congrats?  Who should push harder for contact, the winner or the loser?  I'd say the winner.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:18:59 PM by Carl Johnson »

Jeff Evagues

Re: Did Phil Stiff Lee after winning on 18?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »
They definitely shook hands for a few seconds.
Be the ball

Carl Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
Jeff, thanks.  That's what I did not see.  Carl

JC Jones

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »
Report was that Phil also said some very nice things to Westwood in the scorer shack that Lee told a reporter were very kind and had a great effect on him.

One usually doesn't have to worry about Phil being respectful.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
You could see them talking while walking down the fairway quite a bit. Some images looked more relaxed than you would expect for the last 9 holes of a major. It was nice to see.

Chris Buie

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »
Phil also said some very nice things to Westwood in the scorer shack
That reminds me of Payne talking to Phil on the 72nd green in '99 - before Phil had won a major. 
You don't see that level of graciousness in other sports. 
I've been told that Westwood is a great guy (and that his caddy is remarkably funny).  It would be nice to see him win a major before he hangs up his spurs.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
Lee Westwood's day will come.  Judging by his performance in the last three majors, it will come very soon.

Congrats to Phil.  A very popular win.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:57:47 PM by Ron Csigo »
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Gene Greco

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
   Great win for Phil. Phil told Lee in the scoring tent that he went through the same thing for many years - close in many majors but never a win until 2004 - and to hang in there.

I will be pulling hard for Westwood in all future tournaments, especially the majors . He's a real gentleman.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:28:55 AM by Gene Greco »
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:49 AM »
Phil also said some very nice things to Westwood in the scorer shack
That reminds me of Payne talking to Phil on the 72nd green in '99 - before Phil had won a major. 
You don't see that level of graciousness in other sports. 
I've been told that Westwood is a great guy (and that his caddy is remarkably funny).  It would be nice to see him win a major before he hangs up his spurs.

Chris
I know Billy Foster (Westwood's caddy) and he is a very funny guy with a great stack of stories about his time on tour, particularly when caddying for Seve. 

He spoke very highly of Westwood before he got the bag. Parting company with Sergio is probably the best thing that could have happended for both Lee and Billy.  Hopefully they will soon get the Major that they both deserve.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 05:03:44 AM »
Check out the Masters.org website and NEWS - here there is great footage of the entire press conference of Phil, W and Kim.

Highly recommend tuning in - particularly interesting was what and how both Phil and Lee spoke of each other. Phil mentioned that W was a great player, and a quality guy. and W spoke of Phil's advice how finishing 3rd and 2nd really 'sucks' and to hang in their and that he is really pulling hard for him to win a major really soon, just as Gene indicated below - and as I will be, he has been to the bottom and has fought his way back to almost the top with shear hardwork.
Kim doesn't look like he is far away also...
@theflatsticker

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back