News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

4 rounds in the 60s
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I thought I heard once that no one has ever shot 4 rounds in the 60s at the Masters..Can anyone confirm this?

It would seem Lee westwood has a terrrific opporunity to do this with more benign conditions forecast for today.

Details for Sunday, April 11
Abundant sunshine. High 76F. Winds light and variable.
Evening: Mainly clear. Low 48F. Winds light and variable.

Terry Lavin

Re: 4 rounds in the 60s
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I thought I heard once that no one has ever shot 4 rounds in the 60s at the Masters..Can anyone confirm this?

It would seem Lee westwood has a terrrific opporunity to do this with more benign conditions forecast for today.

Good call.  If he does, he'll win.  And make some history at the same time. 
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

Terry,

Thats the thing though.

Phil could realistically drop a 66 on Lee and he could still lose with a 68 or 69.  That would be nuts.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
Kalen...I shot a round in the low 50's yesterday...the day started in the low 20's, but quickly warmed up..all in all a pretty nice day!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
Kalen...I shot a round in the low 50's yesterday...the day started in the low 20's, but quickly warmed up..all in all a pretty nice day!

Nice   ;D

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
It would be ironic indeed if the first guy to shoot four rounds in the 60's at the Masters didn't win.  That would take the biscuit, as Westy's pals might lament.  I think he's the type of guy who can get the job done.  He just has to avoid double and higher all day long.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »
It would be ironic indeed if the first guy to shoot four rounds in the 60's at the Masters didn't win.  That would take the biscuit, as Westy's pals might lament.  I think he's the type of guy who can get the job done.  He just has to avoid double and higher all day long.

Save double for the 19th hole huh?   ;D

With the way phil is playing, Lee may have to shoot a 67 or something to lock this thing up

PCCraig

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »

Terry,

Thats the thing though.

Phil could realistically drop a 66 on Lee and he could still lose with a 68 or 69.  That would be nuts.

Or he could shoot a 75 and crap the bed. He hasn't been playing well in the final rounds this year. Granted AGNC is a differnent story for him...he is still super streaky.

Lee Westwood has been a total stud this week, with a great serious but playful attitude to boot.

Go Lee and Tiger!
H.P.S.

Phil McDade

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »
Kalen:

It's never been done at the Masters.

The best chance was probably 1992, when three players entered the final round having shot their first three rounds in the 60s:

-- Craig Parry: 69-66-69-(78)

-- Fred Couples: 69-67-69-(70)

-- Ray Floyd: 69-68-69-(71)

Couples won by two strokes, helped by a few blades of grass on 12.

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »
I gotta believe that Phil thinks Westwood is not gonna give this away.  So he must be looking at shooting something like a 69 to start with and then taking a view once he hits #13. 

Tiger, well, he must be thinking 66 to give him a decent shot at the title. 

I don't see anybody behind Tiger having a realistic chance except for maybe Choi, but I don't fancy him at all.   

I think its 50-50 Westwood shoots sub 70 because he is not gonna be looking to go deep.  If it comes down to a chip and putt contest Westwood is in trouble.  He needs to play safe and hit greens because his short game isn't stellar. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back