News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Augusta 18: Right Greenside Bunker Furuncle
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
In an ever-increasingly rare architectural post by the fat baldy one, does anyone else HATE!!!!!! the bunker over there as much as I do?

That daft bulgy, lumpy sandy mound at the front/centre/right-ish position just sooooooooooooo jars my eye that I am deeply offended. Dear Abby, am I just being an over-sensitive, girly man or is architectural composition something only the cognoscenti and other pufftahs are qualified to appreciate?

luv,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Matt Schmidt

Re: Augusta 18: Right Greenside Bunker Furuncle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:53:11 PM »
I wonder if that bulge is more prominent on TV due to the camera angle?  Has anyone played or seen a shot played near there?  I didn't get to watch as much of the Masters' coverage as I would've liked - I didn't see any shots played near that bulge.  Will a ball come to rest in that area or does the bulge deflect balls away from that area?

Regarding your question - I noticed it, am curious how it affects play from that area of the bunker, but do not hate it.  :)

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Augusta 18: Right Greenside Bunker Furuncle
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »
Why do you view an architectural feature solely in the context of play by the PGA Tour pros 4 days a year ?

Should we discount or disregard play by the Members and their guests ?

Mid to high handicap golfers ?

Could the same be said of the fairway bunker on # 10 ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back