News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

Earl Woods deathbed advice to Tiger
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »
On his death bed, Earl Woods gave Tiger the following advice:  "Focus on golf. Screw everything else".

Comments anyone?

John Moore II

Re: Earl Woods deathbed advice to Tiger
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »
And how do we know thats the truth? Who reported that? Did Tiger himself say that was the case? I doubt it, but whatever. Either way, I don't care. I think its all nonsense. And also, Tiger obviously didn't listen no matter what he did. He either got married and didn't listen, ran around with a hoard of women and didn't listen, or did both and didn't listen. So in the end, he didn't take dear old Dad's advice no matter what went down; assuming this was really said of course. I doubt that it was.

astavrides

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:12 AM »
what does this have to do with golf course architecture?

David_Elvins

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
Tim,

Big risk starting a thread so off topic before you have 4000 posts.  good luck
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:08 AM »
He only heard three of the six words.

Mike_Young

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »
He only heard three of the six words.
I think he heard all six words and was striving to do so.... ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Billsteele

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:56 AM »
Substitute "anything that moves" for "everything else" and you may have something.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »

Tim

You are playing on a personal card between father and son.  It’s not about Tiger actions be they good or bad but about his father, who is still in Tiger thoughts. I feel it’s not really worthy of you or this site to offer up as a discussion point.

Talk about his good shots, his poor game, his club throwing, but between Father and son comments I feel we should tread very carefully IMHO.

Melvyn

Tim Martin

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:06 AM »
Bill Steele,Mike Young, and Bill Gayne-Thank you. The rest of you guys got picked off at first base because its a joke. ;) To John K. Moore- He most certainly did listen to Earl as he has" screwed everything else" minus a couple of nuns at the Vatican.  :D

Doug Ralston

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
Guy, he meant it tongue in cheek.  ::)

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »

Of course Tim's comment was based upon humour, but father and Son, well all I will say is that my father dies over 30 years ago its till hurts even though he died in the middle of the fairway playing the old family game of golf.

Melvyn

Tim Martin

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »

Of course Tim's comment was based upon humour, but father and Son, well all I will say is that my father dies over 30 years ago its till hurts even though he died in the middle of the fairway playing the old family game of golf.

Melvyn

MM-Did that Icelandic volcano ash eruption envelop your sense of humor? Please don`t try to give me guilt because I have more than enough to last me a life time as an Irish Catholic that grew up in the 60`s and 70`s. ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »
I got that joke, a little racier, from at least half a dozen of the usual suspects.

Tim Martin

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 08:37:46 AM »
I got that joke, a little racier, from at least half a dozen of the usual suspects.
Bill-I did substitute the word screw for all those not in favor of the F word. ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »
Bill-I did substitute the word screw for all those not in favor of the F word. ;)

Well done!   ;D

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »

Tim

What Ash, its like all that crap about Global Warming and WMD and that shallow Bunkers are hazards, its all about nothing but another day in the life of our good old Earth.

The real problem is of course as you mentioned the Irish Catholics (boys) who grew up in the 60's - 70's trying to fend off the Priests, well according to the Pope that is. ;D

As it has zero to do with GCA I will revert back to Golf where penal should actually be encouraged. ;)

Melvyn

Jon Heise

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »
I dont think it's possible to actually type out this sound, but picture a plane buzzing overhead with no reaction at all... heheheeh
I still like Greywalls better.

Tom Yost

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 09:49:04 AM »

Oh ...  Now I get it!!!!

archie_struthers

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »
 ::) :P ??? :o

This topic needs to go away !

thanks

Carl Johnson

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:39 PM »
Good joke, nothing more.  No complaints, and I'll try to retell.  But says a lot about all of us.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back