News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

A tip of the cappello to Matteo Manassero!
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:37:01 PM »
British Amateur champ Matteo Manassero today became the only amateur to make the cut at the Masters. Not bad for a 16-year old!

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-masters-cutday 

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: A tip of the cappello to Matteo Manassero!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
I concur. That young man has game.

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
Paeson!
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

JSlonis

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
He played along side Watson for the first two rounds of the Open Championship last year and handled himself incredibly well. He's got unbelievable talent and poise for such a young age. He finished 12th and he had just turned 16 before the tournament.

Molto bene!!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
Funny exchange about Matteo on the BBC.   Somebody says that Matteo is a bright kid and speaks 4 languages.  Peter Alliss chimes in, "I haven't heard him say anything interesting in any language".

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:54:00 AM »
Funny exchange about Matteo on the BBC.   Somebody says that Matteo is a bright kid and speaks 4 languages.  Peter Alliss chimes in, "I haven't heard him say anything interesting in any language".

But then I haven't Alliss say anything interesting for as long as Manassero has been alive.  I wish the BBC would put the old reactionary warhorse out of his misery.  Every year be becomes a more tired caricature of himself.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Taylor

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:07:25 AM »
As an upcoming golfer myself, I am astounded by the level of ability Matteo has, and he's my age! Not only has he got a start in The Masters, but he has made the cut and beaten many of the best players in the world already.

Imagine the future this kid will have...

Pup

Tim Nugent

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »
Anyone cathc the back-to-back naked girls siloette that you see on truckers mudflaps on his selve - could we be seeing the next John Daily?
Coasting is a downhill process

Thomas McQuillan

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Anyone cathc the back-to-back naked girls siloette that you see on truckers mudflaps on his selve - could we be seeing the next John Daily?

Thats the logo of an italian sports brand 'kappa'. they usually make football jerseys and boots. I dont think there naked girls as the bodies have no hair.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »
Ah, you learn something new everyday.  I thought it was strange a 16 yr old from Italy would be giving a shout out to the NASCAR set ;D
Coasting is a downhill process

Thomas McQuillan

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »
I'd say hes more of a formula 1 guy ;)

Jud_T

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »
I'll take Peter Alliss and Johnny Miller any day compared to the rest of those corporate stiffs.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 05:57:52 AM »
The Kappa logo came from a photoshoot of a man and woman for a swimsuit advert. It is a well known Italian brand. Great to see Amateur champion making cut in Open and the Masters. This kid has massive potential.

Michael Taylor - having been to school with a young Walker Cup/Ryder Cup player, if you are not a solid +2 at 16 and shooting good scores at AWAY events the odds of becoming a good player are extremely remote.
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 06:13:41 AM »
Funny exchange about Matteo on the BBC.   Somebody says that Matteo is a bright kid and speaks 4 languages.  Peter Alliss chimes in, "I haven't heard him say anything interesting in any language".

But then I haven't Alliss say anything interesting for as long as Manassero has been alive.  I wish the BBC would put the old reactionary warhorse out of his misery.  Every year be becomes a more tired caricature of himself.

THANKYOU.

It amazes me to hear everyone every year around Open time going on about what a brilliant commentator he is, yada, yada, yada... He bores me to tears.

David_Tepper

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
Funny exchange about Matteo on the BBC.   Somebody says that Matteo is a bright kid and speaks 4 languages.  Peter Alliss chimes in, "I haven't heard him say anything interesting in any language".

Joel -

I don't find Peter Alliss' comment particularly funny at all. How lame do you have to be to make a joke at the expense of a 16-year old? No wonder so many athletes grow up holding the media in such low regard.

DTl

Mark Woodger

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:45 PM »

THANKYOU.

It amazes me to hear everyone every year around Open time going on about what a brilliant commentator he is, yada, yada, yada... He bores me to tears.

i grew up listening to the guy and he is a bit of a national institution in my opinion. he probably isn't a great commentator as he used to be as the game has moved on but some of his ramblings when the camera was on the spectators were enjoyable to listen to when i was younger.

who would the alternative be for the Beeb?

I think faldo has been awesome on CBS

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back