News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re: Most Intimidating Hole
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »
Pine Valley, the first par 3, either 4 or 5, I hit driver everytime I played there. Looks a million miles away.

White Witch, #10, there is no fairway
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mac Plumart

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
Here are some more that got me...the approach to 11 at Tobacco Road has already been mentioned, but still you've got to see it.

The approach on 9 at East Lake always makes me a bit nervous...

Tee shot off of 2 at Kiawah Ocean...c'mon are you serious!!!

And this one always scares the crap out of me...

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 09:37:01 PM »

Pine Valley, the first par 3, either 4 or 5, I hit driver everytime I played there. Looks a million miles away.

Cary,

That's the second par 3, the 5th hole. 

The 3rd hole is the first par 3.

# 5 intimidated me so much the first time I played it in 1964, because I thought it was a par 4, until the caddy informed me that Par was one less.

Coming to the realization that the hole isn't a par 4, but a par 3, is not a pleasant thought as you stand on that tee getting ready to hit your tee shot.

White Witch, #10, there is no fairway

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
Mac Plumart:
Well, did you hit the green?

I did. 5-wood. Pin was left, and I left it pin-high 20 ft away.  Almost made the putt too.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »
Nice!!  Always a good feeling when you pull off a tough shot in tough conditions.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

John Moore II

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
I'd say #14 is really intimidating from the very back tees (the ones that are not open anymore).

Where were those tees?

Its actually the yardage listed on the scorecard for the back tees, the ripper tees or whatever. Around 200 yards. The tee box for that one is like 45 yards or so behind the fartherest back maintained tee now. When you are on the cart path coming from 13 green, the tee is up the hill to the left of you, way up the hill. Its a really scary tee shot. The tee itself is still there, but it is not maintained at tee length grass.

Wade Schueneman

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:57 PM »
What about

Tralee - 12, 13, 16
Cashen - 6, 15
Seaside - 5

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back