News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

Re: Tiger and the odds......
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 03:30:25 AM »
He will come to 18th on Friday with the cut in play.

I would give up to 7-5 if I was the book, i would shop for 2-1 or greater if I were the bettor.

BTW:  This will be the most watched Master's Friday in the history of its 4-day coverage era, if he makes the cut, it will be the most watched Master's ever.  If he wins...

He will not win

My prediction is based on his previous first appearances after long layoffs...the WGC Match play last year after knee rehab (sloppy second rd loss to Tim Clark) and Winged Foot 06 after Earl passed away (missed cut).

This return has the added components of facing the public after a public scandal as well as the notion that during the previous absences there was a pointed regimen preparing (golf-wise) for the return.  I get the sense that he's cramming this time.

Brad Faxon said yesterday on NBC that Tiger expressed apprehension at his reception and unknown sensitivity to a crowd that may have changed.  This comes on top of a similar report by Ben Curtis earlier in the week and Tiger's own statements in the lightning round interviews he did at the beginning of the week.  I believe he's genuinely spooked.  The crowds around him are going to be enormous, especially in the practice rounds.  i'll bet Nicklaus and Watson could play naked on another part of the course without detection or notice.

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Martin Toal

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 04:59:38 AM »
Tiger hasn't won any of the last 4 Masters. His overall record is 4 out of 14 as a pro (1 in 3.5), so his true odds are 9/2.

I can't see how he is any better prepared this year than usual.

There are a bunch of amateurs, past champions and other no hopers who miss the cut every year and I woud be amazed if Tiger joined them. Even Tiger off form can make the cut at Augusta. 

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
I would say the odds would be 4-1 to win and 1-5  to make the cut. The evens bet would be inside/outside top 8. Without the lay off the odds would have been more like 2-1 and 1-33 with an evens bet being inside/outside top 4.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back