News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Tang

Re: Inaugural Midwest-GCA.com Event/Cup
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »
George, I would be interested as well, thanks.

So bad it's good!

Mike Hogan

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
I would love to take part.  The Twin Cities would be great . I'm in Northern Minnesota but would travel wherever needed.  How about Giants Ridge/ Fortune Bay as a possiblity.
Mike

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »
I would love to take part.  The Twin Cities would be great . I'm in Northern Minnesota but would travel wherever needed.  How about Giants Ridge/ Fortune Bay as a possiblity.
Mike

Another excellent option for a future site Mike in Northern MN.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Matt Harrison

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
I'd love to be a part of this- as someone pretty new to gca, it'd be fun to get to know some folks.

I love Lost Dunes, having lived in the area for quite a while, and watched the land go from quarry to golf course.
In the area, obviously, are Point O Woods and the new Nicklaus course in Benton Harbor.  I have enough POW member friends that a side trip there would not be too difficult.  They are not as good or as fun to play as Lost Dunes, but while folks are in the neighborhood..

I am sure folks on here have plenty of connections in the area, but if I can help at all, I'd be glad to do so.  A small group at The Dunes Club would be great fun! 

George Freeman

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
Thanks for the offer Matt!  I'll PM you in the near future.

As mentioned earlier, and opposed to my first post, we're going to shoot for the inaugural event being this fall (late Sept/Oct).
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Matt Schmidt

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
Metro-Detroit area newbie here.  I'd love to participate in an event like this, please keep me in mind if a spot is available.

Lost Dunes sounds great, although I'll enjoy myself on any course(s).

Matt Harrison

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »
George- great, if I can help, I'd be glad to do so.   May be able to house some folks as well if things come together.

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
George,

Great idea. Love to help if I can. Might be able to make a few club contacts as well in the Chicago area depending on where you want to host the event.

Great to see you Thursday as well.

Greg

George Freeman

UPDATE!!!!!! Inaugural Midwest-GCA.com Event/Cup
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »
Gents,

Here is the deal:

Tom D. has offered to help set up the inaugural GCA Midwest Mashie at Lost Dunes in Bridgman, MI.  As of now, we're going to try for the weekened of May 15th.  Tom will be able to make the event and host a Q&A the evening of the event.  As of now, we have very general information about the event, but we want to get a feel for the number of GCAers who would want to join.  We will hopefully have another venue in addition to LD.

Is mid-May too soon or would a solid group be able to commit?  Tom has committed to this date if we decide to go for it.  If we wait until later in the season, it is a toss-up.

Let me know if you would be interested in an event at Lost Dunes w/ Tom D. in mid-May.

Thanks,

George  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:53:48 AM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Martin Toal

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2010, 06:20:44 AM »
That sounds like a great event. I live in the UK but travel to the US on business reasonably often, and will be in Chicago sometime in the summer, so if this fitted in, I would love to attend.

Jud_T

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »
George,

I would love to do it but put me down as questionable.  I already have an event in May and also may be travelling for work.  If at all possible, I'll be there...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
Did you schedule it that weekend because you knew I couldn't attend?  ;)
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »
George, I can't attend that weekend, but would still be happy to try to help start up the the Midwest event.  I'm sure there will be quite a bit of work requred...

Tom D., very cool of you to offer up LD!

Mike

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »
Please put me down as "possibly". The wife allowed me to go to SC for a week in April, so I am not sure if I will have sweet talk left in the tank to pull this date (May) off.....

Would the golf be on Sat and Sunday?

Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Jeff Tang

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
George, that sounds great and I am interested in attending the May event.  I should be able to attend.  Thanks for coordinating!

So bad it's good!

Jim Colton

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »
George,

Count me in for May. Thanks for organizing.

Jim

Ken Fry

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
George,

I'm in and let me know if you need help around the area.  I'm just down in South Bend.

Ken

Jim Tang

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
George -

Even though Colton will be there, count me in as well.  Thanks for organizing this and thanks Tom D for the offer.  Looking forward to the event!!!

-Jim

Steve Salmen

Re: Inaugural Midwest-GCA.com Event/Cup - UPDATE!!!
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »
George,

I'm very interested in participating in this get together.  Please let me know when you will need a firm committment.  It was nice meeting you and the GCA dinner in Chicago.

Steve

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »
George,

I'm very interested in participating in this get together.  Please let me know when you will need a firm committment.  It was nice meeting you and the GCA dinner in Chicago.

Steve

Steve check out the new thread:
http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,43471.0/
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Zack Molnar

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
I would definitely be interested in doing this as well. I am a new member to GCA, so it would be great to meet some fellow GCAers. I would also be mroe than willing to help with the organization of the event if that was needed. Just let me know. Thanks!

Zack

George Freeman

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »
I would definitely be interested in doing this as well. I am a new member to GCA, so it would be great to meet some fellow GCAers. I would also be mroe than willing to help with the organization of the event if that was needed. Just let me know. Thanks!

Zack

Zack,

See the new thread here:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,43542.0/

Let me know if you want to be an alternate (by posting on that thread).  Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:31:05 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back