News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Re: Broken Record
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »

I sent an Im to John. We are on the same page. Nothing was directed to him. Thanks Ben.

Anthony

The negative tones usaually come from the ones that have been on the site for a few years and consider themselves thought police.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
Man, I miss the GOOD OLD DAYS!

- The Thought Police

;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Anthony Gray

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Man, I miss the GOOD OLD DAYS!

- The Thought Police

;)

Double :D

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
You make it too easy Ant-honey!

Same to you Tom Paul:

The gift that just keeps on giving!
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Greg Tallman

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
Well, I for one find this whole discussion deliciously entertaining. If that makes me a bad person, an unmwanted noob or just downright juvelnile... oh well.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 10:36:48 PM »
I have not been an active participant for a few months now.  I will go to the site a time or two for a few minutes each day, but not linger or post.  I really have not found the threads have less merit than before.  The vast majority are informative and most of the posts are thoughtful.  I think for some of us, however, we need a break.  I just don't seem to have the same interest in the discussions as I once did.  I suspect that will change in time. 
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

PThomas

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »
all i know is that SEVERAL of the "older members " on this site have done me favors which i can never pay back

thanks again to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »

But why is it worse than before? We keep hearing it posted.

Anthony

Ian Andrew

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »
Anthony,

It's not worse. It's not better. It's just different.

I’ve been around from the start. The site was often crude and the decorum questionable from day one. It comes with the medium.

The biggest difference back then was that people could read all the posts. This was once a small village and has simply grown into a large passionate community.

There were a lot more people from the golf industry originally, because most of us were invited by other members of the golf community. Chris Brands brought me to the site but I can’t remember the last time he posted. As the public found the site, most of the professionals left because it became too public or they were frustrated by the direct nature of the medium.

I still like it here, but I preferred the site when there weren’t as many threads to read. The participation rate was so much slower that you had weeks to read a thread from the front page rather than the hour it can take to go to page two today. Since everything was smaller and slower, you pretty much knew everyone on the site and the kibitzing was taken a little more light-heartedly.

I wouldn’t suggest anyone change anything. I think the site still works just as well as it did before. I’ve only just read Brian Philips getting to know you thread – I guess I’m too slow to keep up.  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back