News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Elwell

This year's changes at ANGC
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »
Here's a quick blurb on the changes at a Augusta this year. This is the first mention I have seen of this year's changes. Adding room to the front of the tees at 5 and 13 and widening the front of the green at 2.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/shag-bag/niptucks-at-augusta-national-35576/?cid=twitter_ShagBagNipTuckAugusta_031810

Mike Cirba

Re: This year's changes at ANGC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
Jason,

This is indeed a tragedy and probably indicative of the tough economy.

I'm imagining that Tom Fazio has had to let most of his associates go without the requisite annual redesign of ANGC on their palettes.  ;)

Matthew Runde

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »
#%^$#*!!!!  Fazio.

Sean Leary

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
#%^$#*!!!!  Fazio.

Agreed. I heard he held the members of ANGC at gunpoint and made them make changes again. Heard he does it every year.

JESII

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
#%^$#*!!!!  Fazio.

Agreed. I heard he held the members of ANGC at gunpoint and made them make changes again. Heard he does it every year.

Sean,

Tell me I missed the sarcasm...please!

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Sully,

Tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

JESII

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Got it - my sense of humor is lost since Tiger said he was playing the Masters...

JESII

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »
...and the two rounds of golf it'll cost me...

Jason Elwell

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Yeah, I think any shortening of the course, or at least the option to shorten it, is good. It's funny how they add area to the front of a couple of tee boxes every year. It's like they realized they messed up by lengthening the course, and are slowly making changes to bring it back in some. They can't just admit they took it a little too far.

Sean Leary

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
If they would just change 7 back to a more reasonable length, I would take that. That one has NO justification for me. Everyhing else I can live with, even if I don't agree.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
Interesting that they feel #13 might be too long.... we're talking about 510 yards! I guess they want to bring more gambling second shots into the fold since everyone seems to lay up there now.

#7 is an abomination at 450 yards. I'm not sure moving the tees up 10 yards makes much of a difference... that hole needs to be under 400 yards at the very least.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »
Guys, guys, guys:

Please -- nuff of the excuse mentality for ANGC.

A few changes ...

1). Place #1 within reason for the bulk of the field -- it doesn't need to be 450 or so yards usually into a headwind and up the hill.

2). Dump the second cut nonsense -- bring back the tight short grass that dominated previously.

3). Eliminate the silly infestation of trees -- see #11 and #15, to name just two.

4). Bring back the 17th to a more manageable distance so iron shots reflect the true nature of the green.

5). Without question make the 7th return to a 365-yd short par-4 that it was for so long.

In sum -- let the old ANGC (minus some adjustments for added length where needed) be allowed to return to its former presentation self.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back