News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett_Morrissy

viewing of pics ?
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
is there a setting I can change on my PC that will avoid the issue I have that most posted pics, have a horizontal scroll bar (I have resolution set at 1440x900).
Does everyone experience this?
@theflatsticker

Michael Dugger

Re: viewing of pics ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »
Nope, and yes.

Nothing you can do, and we all experience it.

This change came about with the new updated, revamped website. 
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
What Michael said.

But.

If you right click (Windows users) and select "view image" it will open the pic so you can see it in full.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
thanks guys. glad it is not just me.
@theflatsticker

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »
This is without a doubt the worst thing about the upgrade.  For some reason the powers that be seemed to have dug their heels in on this issue.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Nothing you can do

Michael,

As long as you've been on this site and you don't know that this is NOT true?  Of course there is something you (and everyone) can do to fix it, and it's extremely easy, and it doesn't involve re-sizing your pics (which is, of course, another option).

Just add " width=800" inside the first [img] as so: [img width=800] and voila!, your pic is 800 pixels wide, the max width allowed before scroll bars start being added.  The height is automatically resized in proportion to the width.

James Boon

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
Nothing you can do

Michael,

As long as you've been on this site and you don't know that this is NOT true?  Of course there is something you (and everyone) can do to fix it, and it's extremely easy, and it doesn't involve re-sizing your pics (which is, of course, another option).

Just add " width=800" inside the first [img] as so: [img width=800] and voila!, your pic is 800 pixels wide, the max width allowed before scroll bars start being added.  The height is automatically resized in proportion to the width.

What, I've been spending all that time resizing the pics when I could have got the computer to do it for me  >:(

Thanks for the advice Scott, I'll try it next time I post pictures...  ::)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
that is great advice Scott - is there somehwere on the here that has some FAQ or similar where that could be added?
@theflatsticker

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
that is great advice Scott - is there somehwere on the here that has some FAQ or similar where that could be added?

Brettm

A number of us have asked Ran to setup a page so we could add items like this but as of yet, nothing has been set up.  I'd be willing to volunteer some information on how to post images, edit posts, change browser settings, etc.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 07:09:53 AM »
Scott, ...or anyone

If I insert an image that is maybe 3 mb - and insert the code to set it to 800 pixels wide - will that automatically reduce file size?

Thanks
Brett
@theflatsticker

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 06:09:11 AM »
Can someone help me?

How do I use the 'insert image' icon button to insert an image - nothing happens - it just inserts the html code?

I have tried copying an image file and then clicking the insert image - nothing happens.

So, far I am just using add an attachment.

Thanks
Brett
@theflatsticker

Scott Warren

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:14 AM »
Brett,

put img inside a pair of square brackets, then paste the image code, then put /img inside a second pair of square brackets after the image code, and your pic should show up.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 07:09:03 AM »
Hi Scott,
thanks again for your help. I am usually pretty good with this kind of thing.

Paste the image code - is this the location on my hard drive of the image?
[imgwidth=800][/img]

Brett
@theflatsticker

Michael Rossi

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »
Thanks very much Michael - I figured I had to load them online - a bit of a hassle to post pics. :(
@theflatsticker

Joe Bausch

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
Thanks very much Michael - I figured I had to load them online - a bit of a hassle to post pics. :(

You don't have to use on outside site.   You can upload up to 10 pics with each post here.  Click on the 'additional options' button to learn more.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
thanks Joe, I have been doing that - I have been limited to 300k for each post (up to 10 attachments) though.
@theflatsticker

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back