News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Buie

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2010/03/masters-will-be-first-live-3d-broadcast.html

Sorry, the link code thing doesn't seem to be working now : (  You will have to copy and paste the link.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:48:53 PM by Chris Buie »

PCCraig

Re: 2010 Masters will be first sporting event ever broadcast live in 3D
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »
How many people actually have a 3D capable TV??
H.P.S.

Steve Strasheim

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »
Saw this yesterday. Pretty cool thing to do.

Check out "this guys bedroom" for a preview:

http://www.waggleroom.com/2010/3/15/1374189/a-new-tradition-of-56-minutes-of-3

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
If the Masters' 3-D broadcast was aired in a movie theater would you pay to watch at least one round? My answer is yes.

Chris Flamion

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »
I don't think many people have the 3D TV's yet, but there is a benefit to the rest of us.  The cameras used to create the modern 3D image are fantastic.  As such, the HD image without the 3D should be outstanding.  Or in other words they got really nice cameras and it will be extra pretty.

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »
If the Masters' 3-D broadcast was aired in a movie theater would you pay to watch at least one round? My answer is yes.

For sure.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:13 PM »
The 3D telecast will be produced separately from CBS's broadcast, much like the separate HD broadcast from CBS's standard broadcast from 2000-2004 or so. The 3D telecast will cover several holes on the back nine. In that respect, it reminds me of the Masters' experimental HD telecast of 1993, which was seen only within the Augusta National grounds. The club paid to bring in one of the two HD mobile trucks, parked it by the 15th and 16th greens, and used the truck's five cameras to televise the 15th (from the second shot in) and 16th holes.

Unlike most Augusta projects, this one wasn't painted Masters green. The truck sat in the open, so people could see what Augusta was up to. The camera cables could only feed a signal about 250 yards, thus the limitation on the coverage. The signal was fed back to the clubhouse and press center, where it was shown on ultra-expensive Sony monitors. The 1125-line picture (it's 1080i now as digital) was breathtaking, and made CBS' picture look like it was shot through a dirty screen door.

It was the future, and now the future is coming at us again. This time, a lucky few outside the grounds will see it. I've heard 3D sets are for sale, but at $3,000.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

PCCraig

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
The 3D telecast will be produced separately from CBS's broadcast, much like the separate HD broadcast from CBS's standard broadcast from 2000-2004 or so. The 3D telecast will cover several holes on the back nine. In that respect, it reminds me of the Masters' experimental HD telecast of 1993, which was seen only within the Augusta National grounds. The club paid to bring in one of the two HD mobile trucks, parked it by the 15th and 16th greens, and used the truck's five cameras to televise the 15th (from the second shot in) and 16th holes.

Unlike most Augusta projects, this one wasn't painted Masters green. The truck sat in the open, so people could see what Augusta was up to. The camera cables could only feed a signal about 250 yards, thus the limitation on the coverage. The signal was fed back to the clubhouse and press center, where it was shown on ultra-expensive Sony monitors. The 1125-line picture (it's 1080i now as digital) was breathtaking, and made CBS' picture look like it was shot through a dirty screen door.

It was the future, and now the future is coming at us again. This time, a lucky few outside the grounds will see it. I've heard 3D sets are for sale, but at $3,000.

Great story Tim...thanks for posting.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back