News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Charleston Courses by a Mystery Commentator
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
"I like the Fazio course at Wild Dunes Resort. You really get a feel for the ocean and the beach. It's a neat layout that winds through the sand dunes. All the courses at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort are really good, but I play the Nicklaus one the most. The Ocean Course is great, but it beats you to a pulp. Of course, people like to play that one because they want to see it.

The GC at Briar's Creek, designed by Rees Jones, also is a lot of fun. You look across the river right into Kiawah, which is beautiful. It's private so you'll have to finesse your way on. Then there is Cassique GC, which is very unusual. Two other private courses that are worth making the effort to get on if you can arrange it with a member are the CC of Charleston, where I learned the game, and Yeamans Hall CC."

How's the analysis? And, who's the commentator?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

jeffwarne

Re: Charleston Courses by a Mystery Commentator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
Beth Daniel?
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

JNC Lyon

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:49:55 PM »
Bert Atkinson?

The analysis is not particularly deep, but I would it is pretty accurate.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »
Beth Daniel?

Charleston's own.

Is the Rees Jones as fun as she says? ;) You know even Sandpines can be fun with the right game going on.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:16:53 AM »
She didn't happen to mention her take on Bulls Bay, did she?  I'd think any pro in her league who was from that area wouldn't have missed it by now since it has been around a while.  I'd also like to hear her on the remodel resto at CCofC since she said she learned the game there.  Which one would she care to play every day?  ::)

(of course for me that would be YH ... or CCofC... ;D )
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »
I just spoke with her yesterday. Before reading this article, I had no idea she was from Charleston
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back