News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Smolens

Long putters  ???  Wondering if anyone else spent an hour during the Hawks game last night installing cheater lines on their new yellow Srixons?  And boy I sure hope I get a caddy who has a laser link out there. . .

Sven Nilsen

Mark:

What's your caddy going to do while you're driving the cart (GPS equipped)?

"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Mark Smolens

Very good Sven, but no gps at Lost Dunes. . . If I have to pull out the Bushnell, I certainly will ;)

PCCraig

Well it currently looks like Lost Dunes is in a flood warning according to weather.com, but at least we have perfect weather on deck for the weekend of 65*+ and Sun!  8)
H.P.S.

Mark Smolens

Looks like the really heavy stuff has already passed on through.  Hopefully 65 and sunny tomorrow will dry things out -- though I certainly wouldn't mind if they had to leave the greens uncut.  I have an idea that the super's going to try to make it difficult for us, and on those greens that won't be very difficult.  Somehow I don't think that tomorrow's round at Poplar Creek will be very good preparation for the weekend!

PCCraig

Looks like the really heavy stuff has already passed on through.  Hopefully 65 and sunny tomorrow will dry things out -- though I certainly wouldn't mind if they had to leave the greens uncut.  I have an idea that the super's going to try to make it difficult for us, and on those greens that won't be very difficult.  Somehow I don't think that tomorrow's round at Poplar Creek will be very good preparation for the weekend!

The super can try his best to make it hard on us, however I equiped my ProV1's with bold cheater lines last night in preperation of any tough 2 footers.  :) ;D ;)

It is supposed to be windy tomorrow, which should help dry everything out, and I believe everything is built on sand, so that should help keep the course somewhat dry.
H.P.S.

Tim Nugent

The super can try his best to make it hard on us, however I equiped my ProV1's with bold cheater lines last night in preperation of any tough 2 footers.  :) ;D ;)

It is supposed to be windy tomorrow, which should help dry everything out, and I believe everything is built on sand, so that should help keep the course somewhat dry.
I'm predicting the best golf weather we've had for a while.  It looks like the 2nd wave this afternoon could be worse for them (we got 3'3" up here in Lake County already).  All the Stormwater design here at White Deer Run is functioning as designed but another deluge could stress it.

I wouldn't be counting on firm and fast but at least it should be dry.  Not worrying about those greens, I got my Belly Putter ;D (Plus  TD's my partner - who needs a caddy?
Coasting is a downhill process

PCCraig

I'm predicting the best golf weather we've had for a while.  It looks like the 2nd wave this afternoon could be worse for them (we got 3'3" up here in Lake County already).  All the Stormwater design here at White Deer Run is functioning as designed but another deluge could stress it.

I wouldn't be counting on firm and fast but at least it should be dry.  Not worrying about those greens, I got my Belly Putter ;D (Plus  TD's my partner - who needs a caddy?

The back of my office building looks out onto the Des Plaines River. Last week it was almost bone dry, now it's really moving and probably 7' high!
H.P.S.

Tim Nugent

Oh, just wait - more is coming, that's just the stuff from Wisconsin!  Where on the DesPlaines are you?

PCCraig

Oh, just wait - more is coming, that's just the stuff from Wisconsin!  Where on the DesPlaines are you?

On the Des Plaines in Des Plaines

I'm in Rosemont. :)
H.P.S.

Tim Nugent

3.3"  TYPO

But my pond probably went up 3'3"   ;D

At least you have the Pre-emminant Hydraulogist  Chris Burke right down the street.

Chuck Brown

I just checked WeatherUnderground and it looks good for the weekend.  No rain, some sun.  Overnight lows dipping below 50, but daytime highs into the 60's.  Cool, only light breezes.  (Nae wind, nae golf!)  Maybe just a t-neck and a windshirt.

A dumb question:  Is there any kind of agenda/itinerary/summary of events or at least tee times yet?

A million thanks to George Freeman and anybody/everybody who has helped George.

Rob Bice

As your playing partner, those will be conceded every time...
"medio tutissimus ibis" - Ovid

Eric Smith

Golf with GCAers is the best.  There isn't a jealous bone in my body, but perhaps a bit of jealous cartilage somewhere in here, because I just can't get my head 'round the fact that I am not going to Michigan tomorrow.  I really, really wanted to go on this trip.

Have a ball gentlemen.  Take lots of pics.

Edit: after reading Patrick Boyd's text just now I definitely can be (and am) jealous!

PCCraig

I just checked WeatherUnderground and it looks good for the weekend.  No rain, some sun.  Overnight lows dipping below 50, but daytime highs into the 60's.  Cool, only light breezes.  (Nae wind, nae golf!)  Maybe just a t-neck and a windshirt.

A dumb question:  Is there any kind of agenda/itinerary/summary of events or at least tee times yet?

A million thanks to George Freeman and anybody/everybody who has helped George.

Chuck -

I posted approx. tee times and pairings for the first round yesterday.  Should be on page 6 or so. You'll be in one of the earlier groups off.
H.P.S.

Chris Flamion

I can not explain how much I am looking forward to this weekend.  Big thanks to Tom, George, and everyone who has helped put this all together. 

Chuck

You drew me as a partner.  Sorry.

Chris

Chuck Brown

I can not explain how much I am looking forward to this weekend.  Big thanks to Tom, George, and everyone who has helped put this all together. 

Chuck

You drew me as a partner.  Sorry.

Chris
Roll Tide.
If you want, we can drive up to the stretch of I-475 near Flint that they want to name in honor of Mark Ingram. ;D

Chuck Brown

Chuck -

I posted approx. tee times and pairings for the first round yesterday.  Should be on page 6 or so. You'll be in one of the earlier groups off.

Got it; thank you.  I had seen the pairings and overlooked the times, in my haste to catch up on the thread.  And Pat, thanks for all of your work on this too!

Richard Choi

Have fun folks! I am not ashamed to admit that my overflowing jealousy is only tamed by my anticipation for OM opening. I wish I could have been there.

Please keep us posted with up to the minute happenings!

Mark Smolens

Before I forget, I too wish to thank Messrs. Freeman, Doak, Craig, and any others responsible for putting this event together. I certainly look forward to several adult beverages with a GCA crew, and hope that I'm able to contribute just a little to my partner's efforts on the links.

Matt Harrison

Well said, Mark.  Thanks a bunch to all for organizing- looking forward to some fun, good golf, and good discussion.  Can't wait to get to the back tee on 14 with the sun out!

Carl Nichols

Does the Club permit shorts?

George Freeman

Does the Club permit shorts?

Yes, i believe so.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Chris Flamion

Jackets needed for dinner?

George Freeman

Jackets needed for dinner?

No, I don't think so.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back