News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

George:

Heard from Brian Slawnik again today, he is not coming after all.  So, we may both be one player short, which is no big deal ... our only problem will be if we don't have the same numbers and have to put someone's name "in the envelope".

The way I've played in Bandon the past two days, I should probably put my own name in there!

Carl Nichols

George,

Hopefully all the spots get filled with GCA folks.  Just keep in mind if you need some last minute subs I have some friends in the area that might be able to fill in last minute.

Rich- I think I can arrange an early morning round for 4-8 at a fun little private club down the road from Lost Dunes.  Chikaming CC is not the Warren course, but it is fun to play, and 10 minutes from Lost Dunes.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Matt,

I sent you a PM, sounds like a plan! Thanks! Rich

Rich, Matt:
Are you guys planning to play early Saturday morning?  Does anyone else have plans to play Sat am? 
Carl

Richard Hetzel

Carl and Matt, I sent you PM's. Brad Tufts would like to join as well.
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

PThomas

if there's golf early Sat or late Sunday pls let me know as i might very well be interested, thx
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

George Freeman

Looks like we still need on person for Sunday.  Anyone interested? 
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

Here is what I have for rooms so far, please let me know about changes/preferences:

Matt S. (Fri & Sat) & Rich H.
Jon H. & Kris B.
the Tang Brothers
Rob B. & Sven N.
Dave S. & Mike K.
Carl N. (Fri & Sat)

Bill Steele and Ken Fry are the only two not staying at the club as far as I'm aware.

That is it so far.  I'll randomly pair the rest, and what is left over will go to the single room requests.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:53:18 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

Official rooming schedule:

Cabin 1
1 Pat Craig & George Freeman
2 Andrew Calcutt & Jon Winick
3 Ari Techner & Patrick Boyd
4 Matt O'Brien & Chris Flamion

Cabin 2
1 Matt Schmidt & Rich Hetzel
2 Jon Heise & Kris Belcher
3 Rob Bice & Sven Nilsen
4 Dave Schmidt & Mike Kennedy

Cabin 3
1 Kevin Cahoon & Steve Salmen
2 Mark Smolens & Bill Seitz
3 Tom Doak (single)
4 John Kavanaugh (single)

Cabin 4
1 Jeff Tang & Jim Tang
2 Chuck Brown & John Becker
3 Andrew Lewis & Brad Tufts
4 empty

Cabin 5
1 Jin Kim (single)
2 Carl Nichols (single)
3 Matt Harrison (single)
4 Tim Nugent & _________

Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Dan Moore

Thanks George and Tom for all your work in pulling this together.   I was talking to a friend yesterday who is a superintendent in Chicago and Lost Dunes is his favorite course; he told me to expect a couple of 3-4 putts.

Its not really clear how the pairings have shaken out, so i was wondering if its possible to post the match-ups sometime before Saturday.  Thanks.
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Matt Schmidt

I didn't see any final word on golfing early Saturday near Lost Dunes.  If anyone is golfing then and there is an opening, please let me know.  Thanks!

Tom_Doak

Thanks George and Tom for all your work in pulling this together.   I was talking to a friend yesterday who is a superintendent in Chicago and Lost Dunes is his favorite course; he told me to expect a couple of 3-4 putts.

Its not really clear how the pairings have shaken out, so i was wondering if its possible to post the match-ups sometime before Saturday.  Thanks.

Dan:

My pairings will still be the same, with the one cancellation being filled out of alphabetical order:

SLOT 1:  Ari Techner and Bill Steele
SLOT 2:  Brad Tufts and Carl Nichols
SLOT 3:  Jin Kim and John Kavanaugh
SLOT 4:  Jon Heise and Jonathan Becker
SLOT 5:  Ken Fry and Kris Belcher
SLOT 6:  Matt Harrison and Matt O'Brien
SLOT 7:  Matt Schmidt and Patrick Boyd
SLOT 8:  Rich Hetzel and Andrew Lewis [replacement]
SLOT 9:  Tim Nugent and myself

Perhaps George can copy this and add pairings / opponents.

Carl Nichols

I didn't see any final word on golfing early Saturday near Lost Dunes.  If anyone is golfing then and there is an opening, please let me know.  Thanks!
Matt:
Rich Hetzel and I have both sent you PMs. 

PCCraig

Dan:

My pairings will still be the same, with the one cancellation being filled out of alphabetical order:

SLOT 1:  Ari Techner and Bill Steele
SLOT 2:  Brad Tufts and Carl Nichols
SLOT 3:  Jin Kim and John Kavanaugh
SLOT 4:  Jon Heise and Jonathan Becker
SLOT 5:  Ken Fry and Kris Belcher
SLOT 6:  Matt Harrison and Matt O'Brien
SLOT 7:  Matt Schmidt and Patrick Boyd
SLOT 8:  Rich Hetzel and Andrew Lewis [replacement]
SLOT 9:  Tim Nugent and myself

Perhaps George can copy this and add pairings / opponents.
[/quote]

Please see the below pairings for the first round, complete with approx. tee times.

Best Ball                  
                   West Team         East Team   

Group 1   1:00pm   Andrew Calcutt & Bill Sietz VS. Ari Techner & Bill Steele
Group 2   1:10pm   Chris Flamion & Chuck Brown VS. Brad Tufts & Carl Nichols
Group 3   1:20pm   Dan Moore &  Dave Schmidt VS. Jin Kim & John Kavanaugh
Group 4   1:30pm   Eric Terhorst & George Freeman VS. Jon Heise & Jonathan Becker
Group 5   1:40pm   Jeff Tang & Jon Winick   VS. Ken Fry & Kris Bekcher
Group 6   1:50pm   Jim Tang & Kevin Cahoon VS. Matt Harrison &   Matt O' Brien
Group 7   2:00pm   Mark Smolens & Mike Kennedy VS.   Matt Schmidt & Patrick Boyd
Group 8   2:10pm   Pat Craig & Rob Bice VS. Rich Hetzel & Andrew Lewis
Group 9   2:20pm   Steve Salmen & Sven Nilsen VS. Tim Nugent & Tom Doak

Not sure what the exact plan is for Sunday morning's rounds (Alternate Shot?) and how those should be paired (by handicap?). Regarless, let me know if you want me to switch around the excel spreadsheet to create pairings for then as well.

Looking forward to it!
H.P.S.

Tom_Doak

Let's still plan on playing nine hole matches ... then at the tenth tee, West team 1 will play East team 2, followed by West 2 vs. East 1.  If we are still on an odd number of matches, the last match will have to be a rematch, unless one of the earlier groups demands a rematch and keeps on going.

Buck Wolter

Cabin 3
1 Kevin Cahoon & Steve Salmen
2 Mark Smolens & Bill Seitz
3 Tom Doak (single)
4 John Kavanaugh (single)

Any chance of a live video feed from the living area of Cabin 3?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:16:04 PM by Buck Wolter »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Mark Smolens

Mr. Kennedy, please permit me to apologize in advance. What kind of beer do you like? I will bring some along for Saturday evening -- to make up for the afternoon of riding your back as my handicap is currently going in the wrong direction. . .

PCCraig

Let's still plan on playing nine hole matches ... then at the tenth tee, West team 1 will play East team 2, followed by West 2 vs. East 1.  If we are still on an odd number of matches, the last match will have to be a rematch, unless one of the earlier groups demands a rematch and keeps on going.

By my account then the back nine pairings would look like the following:

Best Ball                  
Back Nine      West Team      East Team   

Group 1   3:00pm   Andrew Calcutt & Bill Sietz   VS.  Brad Tufts & Carl Nichols
Group 2   3:10pm   Chris Flamion & Chuck Brown  VS.  Ari Techner & Bill Steele
Group 3   3:20pm   Dan Moore & Dave Schmidt  VS.  Jon Heise & Jonathan Becker
Group 4   3:30pm   Eric Terhorst & George Freeman  VS.  Jin Kim & John Kavanaugh
Group 5   3:40pm   Jeff Tang & Jon Winick    VS.  Matt Harrison & Matt O' Brien
Group 6   3:50pm   Jim Tang &   Kevin Cahoon  VS.  Ken Fry & Kris Bekcher
Group 7   4:00pm   Mark Smolens & Mike Kennedy  VS. Rich Hetzel & Andrew Lewis
Group 8   4:10pm   Pat Craig &   Rob Bice  VS.  Matt Schmidt & Patrick Boyd
Group 9   4:20pm   Steve Salmen & Sven Nilsen  VS.  Tim Nugent & Tom Doak

All I know is it doesn't matter who is playing Rob and I, because they're going down! :)  ;)
H.P.S.

Sven Nilsen

Just curious as to who's actually running the show for the Chicago squad.  Is George our captain, or has he abdicated the thrown to Pat?  In either case, just need to know who I'm looking to for inspiration when Tim and Tom are putting on the pressure.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

PCCraig

Just curious as to who's actually running the show for the Chicago squad.  Is George our captain, or has he abdicated the thrown to Pat?  In either case, just need to know who I'm looking to for inspiration when Tim and Tom are putting on the pressure.

George is the Captain. I just so happen to be the one with the excel spreadsheet and within earshot of George at work. :)
H.P.S.

Sven Nilsen

Ah, I get it, you're George's boss.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

PCCraig

It's the other way around :) ;)
H.P.S.

George Freeman

It's the other way around :) ;)

Neither Pat nor I are the Boss of anyone...unfortunately.  Someone has to be at the bottom of the totem poll.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Eric Smith

I think we should reserve a couple of captain's picks for each team, that don't have to be first come-first served.  Up to you how you use them.  I will probably go off the World Ranking List.

SLOT 1:  Ari Techner and Bill Steele
SLOT 2:  Brad Tufts and Carl Nichols
SLOT 3:  Jin Kim and John Kavanaugh
SLOT 4:  Jon Heise and Jonathan Becker
SLOT 5:  Ken Fry and Kris Belcher
SLOT 6:  Matt Harrison and Matt O'Brien
SLOT 7:  Matt Schmidt and Patrick Boyd
SLOT 8:  Rich Hetzel and Andrew Lewis [replacement]
SLOT 9:  Tim Nugent and myself

You weren't kidding.  Top notch!

Dan Moore

Excellent.  Thank you. 

Here's hoping my partner's handicap stays below 0.3 until later that night. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Matt Schmidt

Matt:
Rich Hetzel and I have both sent you PMs. 

I haven't received them yet...you can try mjschmidt123@hotmail.com

Dan Moore

Dave, I know, I played with you a few weeks ago.  The putts with the head cover on the driver were awesome.  I'd stick to that instead of the long putter.  Don't worry I'll carry the scorecard. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back