News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Zack Molnar

I would be willing to step in and just play on sunday if you needed someone. I am around a 5 handicap. I haven't posted in a while, but I shot a 78 with Mike Hendren two weeks ago. Just let me know. Thanks.

jonathan_becker

I just saw a photo taken from behind and right of #4 green. 

You guys talk about wild greens....that green looks wild and fantastic!!  If the flag is front right and you're on the far left, it looks as if you could take 10 putts from there.  Thank heavens for match play.  ;D

For those that haven't played the course and want a peek, tons of photos are here http://www.golfarchitecturepictures.com/Web%20Galleries/USA/Michigan/Lost%20Dunes/index.html

PCCraig

Just curious, how many have played Lost Dunes already, and how many will be playing it for the first time?
H.P.S.

jonathan_becker

If it isn't obvious with my above post, I haven't played it. 

Invited once....rained out once.

Jud_T

I've played 2 1/2 rounds there
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark Smolens

I have played there several (10 or 11?) times.  Looking forward to the 15th.

George Freeman

1 round under my belt at Lost Dunes; looking forward to a couple more.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

Sorry to be so bloody unoriginal, but here are my proposed pairings for the west team for day one (sorted by, you guessed it, first names alphabetically):

Chris Flamion and Chuck Brown
Dan Moore and Dave Schmidt
David Cronan and Eric Terhorst
George Freeman and Jeff Tang
Jim Tang and Jug Tigerman
Kevin Cahoon and Mark Smolens
Mike Kennedy and Pat Craig
Rob Bice and Steve Salman
Sven Nilsen and my Captain's Pick
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

I would be willing to step in and just play on sunday if you needed someone. I am around a 5 handicap. I haven't posted in a while, but I shot a 78 with Mike Hendren two weeks ago. Just let me know. Thanks.

Zack,

One of the Sunday-only spots it yours.  Feel free to join for dinner on Sat night and stay at the club (let me know); or you can arrive Sun morning.  If someone drops out, you'll be moved into both days (b/c you're the first alternate).

Thanks and glad you can make it!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Kevin Cahoon

I have played once, on a cold fall day.

Chris Flamion

Never played there before. Look forward to it very much...

George did you really put me first one off the tee....

Matt Harrison

I have played the course several times, looking forward to the event.

Dan Moore

I will be losing my virginity amidst the Dunes on this trip. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Mark Smolens

Geez, I thought we were just playin' some golf. . .

Richard Hetzel

My first time as well. Does the course play tight or wide open?
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

George Freeman

Rich,

The course, in general, has very generous landing areas.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Jon Heise

Rich,

I just heard Rich scream WHHHHEEEEWWWWWW! all the way from Cincy...
I still like Greywalls better.

Richard Hetzel

You guys missed my point. Can't wait for this weekend!
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

PCCraig

Rich,

I just heard Rich scream WHHHHEEEEWWWWWW! all the way from Cincy...

The last time I played there I only missed one fairway, and that was only by a couple feet. And if I can do that anyone can hit fairways at LD!  :)  The fun part comes when on the greens!  8)
H.P.S.

George Freeman

Alright Gents,

Time to talk dollars and cents.

The prices for everything were originally outlined in the first post of this thread, but I'll summarize everything again here:

*These prices now include taxes and gratuity*

Saturday lunch:                                   $15
Saturday golf:                                     $105
Saturday dinner:                                  $35
Overnight room (double occupancy):      $80 ($160 – single occupancy)                     
Sunday breakfast:                                $15
Sunday golf:                                        $105
Sunday lunch:                                      $15
TOTAL:                                               $370 ($450 for a single room)

Alcoholic beverages will be on a cash basis.  Also, the honor bar in the cabins will need to be settled on an individual basis Sunday morning.

Caddies – Cash directly to the caddies: $50 per bag plus tip (suggested tip $25-$30 per bag). Forecaddie fee: $50 per foursome ($12.50 per player) plus tip (suggested $10-$15 per bag)

The Club has requested that everyone pay in either cash or check.  Anything one doesn't partake in (i.e. certain meals or lodging) will be deducted from the total above.  We'll plan on getting everyone squared away upon arrival on Saturday.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

- George
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Jud_T

Chris & I were chatting about perhaps getting some mid to late afternoon times Sunday at the Warren Course if anyone's interested...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Steve Salmen

Jud,

I'm interested in Warren Sunday.  If there is a game being planned Sat morning somewhere, I'm also interested.  Thanks.

PCCraig

Alright Gents,

Time to talk dollars and cents.

The prices for everything were originally outlined in the first post of this thread, but I'll summarize everything again here:

*These prices now include taxes and gratuity*

Saturday lunch:                                   $15
Saturday golf:                                     $105
Saturday dinner:                                  $35
Overnight room (double occupancy):      $80 ($160 – single occupancy)                     
Sunday breakfast:                                $15
Sunday golf:                                        $105
Sunday lunch:                                      $15
TOTAL:                                               $370 ($450 for a single room)

Alcoholic beverages will be on a cash basis.  Also, the honor bar in the cabins will need to be settled on an individual basis Sunday morning.

Caddies – Cash directly to the caddies: $50 per bag plus tip (suggested tip $25-$30 per bag). Forecaddie fee: $50 per foursome ($12.50 per player) plus tip (suggested $10-$15 per bag)

The Club has requested that everyone pay in either cash or check.  Anything one doesn't partake in (i.e. certain meals or lodging) will be deducted from the total above.  We'll plan on getting everyone squared away upon arrival on Saturday.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

- George

Sounds good. Thanks for posting George. I'm assuming to just make the check out to "Lost Dunes Golf Club?"
H.P.S.

George Freeman

Pat,

I would hold off until you arrive to make sure you're putting the correct name on the check.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Tim Nugent

Just curious, how many have played Lost Dunes already, and how many will be playing it for the first time?
Pat, looking forwardas i have not played it but did route a course on the propoerty when another dev was looking at it.  Always intersting to see how other attack the same site.  Too bad it was quite some time ago and I don't remember much.
Coasting is a downhill process

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back