News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt OBrien

Ari Techner, Patrick Boyd and Myself will be staying in the cabins on Saturday night.

George Freeman

George-
I've sent a few emails to the midwestmashie address, but yes, I'm in for the cabins, don't have a strong preference for single vs. double, though prefer the former. Can we also stay Friday night?

Carl,

Yes, the club will have rooms available for Friday night (may be limited). 
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Rob Bice

Also, if guys guys want to swap b/c their current team doesn't make sense geographically, let me know.  I think Liddy and Bice would be a good swap, correct?

I am from Chicago so the swap makes sense to me but not a big deal either way.  Thanks George.
"medio tutissimus ibis" - Ovid

Chris Flamion

I don't think I ever said so on this thread, but I will be staying in a cabin and eating all the meals.  Not picky about a roommate.

Tim Nugent

I don't think I ever said so on this thread, but I will be staying in a cabin and eating all the meals.  Not picky about a roommate.

Ditto - although I posted on the website but want to make sure.
Coasting is a downhill process

Dan Moore

George I would like to stay in a cabin Saturday night if possible.  Thanks
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Matt Schmidt

I know I already said I wanted to stay in a cabin, but I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'd like to stay in a cabin both Friday and Saturday nights, if possible.  Thanks!

David Egan

I'm going to have to withdraw from this event.  My son's birthday is turning into a weekend long event and I really don't think I should miss that. 

Tom_Doak

Okay with me to swap Rob Bice for Tim Liddy, although having three architects on one team is probably pushing our luck.

I am looking through my roster and don't see handicaps yet for Ari Techner, Patrick Boyd and Bill Steele.  Everyone else has reported in -- nice work guys.

I feel very strongly that we should do best-ball matches on Saturday and alternate-shot on Sunday. 

I also propose that for the purposes of mixing, that all the matches should be 9-hole matches, so we get to play with more people from the other team.  [Plus, nine-hole matches are rife with the possibility of upsets.]  In the Renaissance Cup, we just reshuffle on the tenth tee, and trade opponents with the group ahead of us or behind us.

It appears from emails that very few of the players on my team know any of the other players, so for the best-ball matches I will just pair everyone some random way ... alphabetically perhaps.

Richard Hetzel

Tom,

When going alphabetically, remember that "HE" comes either before or after "DO".  ;D
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Richard Choi

I am truly filled with envy and bummed that I couldn't make it to this event. Make sure you post a blow by blow account of this glorious event.

Richard Hetzel

Any word on an early morning Saturday round at the Warren Course or elsewhere????
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Chris Flamion

Rich-

By last account there was a number of people interested but they don't accept tee times till 14 days out. 

Chris

George Freeman

I'm going to have to withdraw from this event.  My son's birthday is turning into a weekend long event and I really don't think I should miss that.  

Sorry to hear that David.

The first post has been updated with Mike Kennedy moving into David's spot and swapping Bice for Liddy.

Still need two guys willing to play Sunday-only in place of Dan M. and Eric T.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:36:45 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Matt Harrison

George,

Hopefully all the spots get filled with GCA folks.  Just keep in mind if you need some last minute subs I have some friends in the area that might be able to fill in last minute.

Rich- I think I can arrange an early morning round for 4-8 at a fun little private club down the road from Lost Dunes.  Chikaming CC is not the Warren course, but it is fun to play, and 10 minutes from Lost Dunes.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Tom_Doak

Richard:

We're going to go alphabetically by FIRST names, not last.  So here are my team's pairings for the first day, better-ball competition:

Ari Techner and Bill Steele
Brad Tufts and Carl Nichols
my captain's pick and Jin Kim
Jon Heise and Jonathan Becker
Ken Fry and Kris Belcher
Matt Harrison and Matt O'Brien
Matt Schmidt and Patrick Boyd
Rich Hetzel and Tim Liddy
Tim Nugent and myself

Our official cheer:  Go Matt!
Except on the greens, when it changes to:  Whoa!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:05:13 PM by Tom_Doak »

Richard Hetzel

Tom,

No problem! I have played MANY Tim Liddy courses so I will have something to talk about other than my inconsistent driving of the ball!

Jud_T

Matt,
Fyi-Chikaming has 4 new holes that don't open for play till Memorial day.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Matthew Sander

I would absolutely love to fill in on Sunday morning, but my 4 year old daughter has a dance recital (a pretty generous term!). Hopefully, there is room next year as it would be a pleasure to play.

Richard Choi

So, the east team roster is set, where is the west team roster? Who is going against the Team T&T (Nugent & Doak)?

Tim Nugent

Hopefully a couple of chops - Tom's gonna have a tired back carrying me. ;D Don't worry, well help you read your putts, just use the line we give you ;)
Coasting is a downhill process

George Freeman

Unfortunately, Jim Colton has had to back out of the event.

Not so bad news for Chuck Brown, the next alternate.

Chuck,

Let me know your info regarding handicap, meals, rooming, etc.

Thanks,

Mgmt
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Richard Hetzel

George,

Hopefully all the spots get filled with GCA folks.  Just keep in mind if you need some last minute subs I have some friends in the area that might be able to fill in last minute.

Rich- I think I can arrange an early morning round for 4-8 at a fun little private club down the road from Lost Dunes.  Chikaming CC is not the Warren course, but it is fun to play, and 10 minutes from Lost Dunes.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Matt,

I sent you a PM, sounds like a plan! Thanks! Rich

Jud_T

How about we each throw $20 in a pot and anyone who legitimately plays Saturday's round without 3-putting gets it?   ;D
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jud_T

Shiv,
See Tom's earlier post about the alt-shot and getting around quick for member play

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back