News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Bice

I am interested in a caddy both days and a room Saturday night.  I will most likely be traveling with Sven Nilsen and Dave Egan so we can share a room if available.  Thanks.
"medio tutissimus ibis" - Ovid

Chris Flamion

I would like to stay in a cabin and have nothing wrong with sharing.  I will more than likely be taking a caddy.  Thanks to everyone who set this up.

Chris

Jon Heise

Tom D:

Im a 6, Kris Belcher's about a 1.

As for some of the other details:  Kris and I'll will want to stay at the cabin, I'll try and get Hetzel to join us...  I doubt we'll want a caddy.

Can't wait, it's getting nicer and nicer out here!
I still like Greywalls better.

Patrick Hodgdon

I hope that everyone will be open to the idea of alternate-shot play on Sunday instead of singles.  For one thing, we'll get out of the members' way more quickly; for another, it's great fun, and it lets you look at the golf course a bit more instead of focusing so much on your score.  Remember, this is a TEAM event, and not just a chance for you to play Lost Dunes at a good rate.

Definitely interested in alternate shot Sunday even though singles would also be a lot of fun. Also a modified alternate shot would be a fun format as well.

P.S.  I have never captained a team like this before; now I wish I had hit up Ben Crenshaw to get me a bunch of those cool Sunday shirts from Brookline.  ;)

If these shirts are the direction your taking your East team I am just fine staying on the West.  ;D

If everyone on the East team would check in with me and let me know their handicaps, and who on the team they already know, I'll try to figure out who to pair up accordingly.

West team, please do the same!

George I am a 10 handicap. The two most famous Jason's on GCA can attest to the legitimacy of that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:53:55 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Patrick Hodgdon

The Lodging page found here: http://www.midwestmashie.com/?page_id=19 has been updated with room sharing for those that have posted their preferences or pm'ed me.

Also the golf pairings page found here: http://www.midwestmashie.com/?page_id=22 has been updated with those interested in using a caddy.

And finally on the teams page found here: http://www.midwestmashie.com/?page_id=8 I have started to add the handicaps as they are posted.

If anyone has any suggestions for other information to post or anything else on the site let me know.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:53:09 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Tim Liddy

My USGA handicap Index is 6.6
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:08:54 PM by Tim Liddy »

George Freeman

I've got Mike K. and Kevin C. substituting for Eric and Dan on Sunday.

I'll contact you guys at some point with specifics.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Mark Smolens

As of 10/29/09, my index was 5.8. . . hoping against hope for it to be lower by May??

David Egan

I'll take a caddy and my current index is 0.3. Thanks

Rob Bice

My index is 2.2.

Richard Hetzel

I will gladly share a room with someone in the cabin.

I will walk and carry my own bag...

I will NOT be eating that last lunch on Sunday as I will need to get on the road to Cincinnati right after the round!

Handicap on 11/10/09 was  15.5

PS:  Any word on an early Saturday morning round at ND Warren?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:31:27 PM by Richard Hetzel »
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Tom_Doak

I would be surprised if Lost Dunes can provide as many caddies as have been requested.  School's not out yet, and they don't have a very big pool to draw from as it is.  Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised, but hopefully some players can carry their own bag or use a cart if the caddies are in short supply.

Jim Tang

I have no problem hoofing my own bag.

Rob Bice

I would prefer carrying, if possible.  Thanks.

David Egan

Bice can carry my bag, too.

Rob Bice

No problem.  Egan will have 4 clubs by the end of the round.  Plus we are on opposing teams.

PCCraig

I would be surprised if Lost Dunes can provide as many caddies as have been requested.  School's not out yet, and they don't have a very big pool to draw from as it is.  Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised, but hopefully some players can carry their own bag or use a cart if the caddies are in short supply.

I guess I got the impression that caddies were mandatory for each player? I have no problem at all carrying my own bag, but would generally like to do anything in my power to not take a cart.

Perhaps the ideal personal situation would be to assign a forecaddie to a group of riders/walkers.
H.P.S.

Sven Nilsen

Is that "personal situation" or "personnel situation," Pat?  If the former, I hope its cleared up by May.  I'll be pulling a half Melvyn, carrying my own bag, but checking yardage markers.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Richard Hetzel

Tom,

If I can carry my own bag and WALK that would be EVEN BETTER! I did not know that was even an option...
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Mark Smolens

I have no desire to carry my own bag and walk -- call me lazy if you like (I've been called worse). 

jonathan_becker

Hi Guys,

I'll play off a 0 and I'll either put my bag on a cart and walk or just walk and carry.

Mark Smolens,

I like your honesty.  :)

George Freeman

I didn't know this was going to be a sanctioned Nationwide Tour event!  My goodness, are there enough sub-5 handicappers in this group??
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

jonathan_becker

Don't worry George.  To play on the Nationwide tour you would need to be at least a +4 to be even slightly competitive.   ;)

Jin Kim

I guess I'll be the hacker in the group.  Current index is 12.0 (GHIN 5781194).  Will we be using our index as of May 15?  If so, I'll be sure to post some high numbers over the next 2 months.

Richard Hetzel

I guess I'll be the hacker in the group.  Current index is 12.0 (GHIN 5781194).  Will we be using our index as of May 15?  If so, I'll be sure to post some high numbers over the next 2 months.

Beat you to it; mine is 15.5! I am sure it will go down a few once I start playing in the next few weeks!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back