News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: 15 Courses in GB&I - Can you name them?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Paul N. -

My guess is mid-August (when the heather is in bloom!) is the best time to play Spey Valley.

DT

jeffwarne

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »

The answers to the 15 courses are as follows

1.   Swinley Forest
2.   Burnham & Berrow
3.   Fortrose & Rosemarkie
4.   Castle Stuart
5.   Renaissance
6.   Seascale
7.   Spey valley
8.   Donegal
9.   Nairn
10. Dunbar
11. Dornoch
12. Royal St Davids
13. Royal North Devon
14. Sunningdale
15. Berkshire

Melvyn

While I do recognize the mountains in the background, that picture in no way is representative of the overall impression I had when playing RSD. Fooled again :o
My memories were of mainly flat holes only defined by tall rough until well into the back nine. (the hole pictured must be 14 or 15)
having played only 7 of the 15, picking 8 out of 15's not too bad!
Got one from memories of the wonderful pictures poted here (Castle Stuart) and another on a guess (Nairn)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:29:07 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Niall C

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »
Excellent stuff Melvyn, well done.

I wouldn't have got Nairn in a month of Sundays and I've played there several times in recent years. Which hole is it Melvyn ?

I would back David T's about Spey Valley, well worth a play with some really good golf and some not so good golf but overall very enjoyable. August is definitely the time to go, not to see the heather but because its the only month of the year when its not under 5 feet of snow  ;D

Niall

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back