News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Padraig Dooley

Any Moortown Bunker Photographs?
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »
I'm just looking for some pictures of Moortown, particularly of the bunkering. I would be very grateful if somebody could post some.

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Bradley Anderson

Re: Any Moortown Bunker Photographs?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »
Here is link to the club's website tour but there have been other threads with older photos in it from Moortown

http://www.moortown-gc.co.uk/hole_by_hole.html

James Bennett

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:28:28 AM »
Padraig

any particular holes?  I have posted some before.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
James

No particular holes, basically just looking to see the size of them. I only have the picture of the 18th from 'The Life and Times of ..' and would like to see some more.

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Jim Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
Bradley: Very curious in the McKenzie article you posted, the fourth hole, a bunker built over a stream! Never heard of that before. It is NLE, from what one sees on the club's web site.

"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

Bradley Anderson

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Bradley: Very curious in the McKenzie article you posted, the fourth hole, a bunker built over a stream! Never heard of that before. It is NLE, from what one sees on the club's web site.

That got my attention too. I guess even the masters had their experiments and novelties. I've heard of bunkers being built to the shoreline of a lake, but never over the top of a stream!

Padraig Dooley

- Pablo Picasso

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
Jim, Bradley,

that bunker on four has been a stream for as long as I have known the course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back