News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Moore II

Re: Most course played
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 09:37:55 PM »
For the most part, I'd count a 27 hole facility as just one course; the only 27 hole facility I've ever played regularly I only counted as one course on the previous thread about multiple plays.  Of course, even if I count that facility as 3 courses, I'm not even close to any people who have gotten mention on this thread. I suppose if I ever make it to 1000 courses, I'll be very fortunate.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
.... including 3 on this site, who have broken the 1000 mark.

I know of 4 from this site!  Have played a round with all 4, as well....2 of them were adding to their totals at the time.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 12:04:48 AM »
I need to save this thread for my friends that think I am totally nuts for having played 320 courses, also at age 28. The most I added in one year was 2007, my first in New Mexico when I managed to see 53 new courses. If I get to 20 this year, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
Terry Inslee not only has played about 2600 courses he has spread sheets on all of them.  I can't remember but I think he also has close to 6000 scorecards.  The first time I met him, at Black Diamond Raanch, he asked how many courses I had played the previous year.  I had had a particularly good year and told him 85.  His reply was, "Not bad I just played my 150th."  He has slowed down a little but not by much.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 04:00:05 AM »
Some sage advise from an old guy:

Play 'em while you're young and healthy, the golden years aren't what they're cracked up to be.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 05:47:04 AM »
Mike & Brad,

How would you count a course such as Ridgewood that has created a separate routing across their three distinctive nines for play when the pros now go there? In effect they hacve created a "new Tilly" course and they do allow some occasional play on that routing.

Scott Warren

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 05:49:45 AM »
i'm at 560 at age 28...hope to add 30ish this year...

Wow.

How do you manage that many?!

Michael Taylor

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »
Scott,

Maybe he has started golf at an early age like me, and just gets to travel a lot? I'm only up to about 80 myself, but it would be interesting to see how many I've played exactly.

At this rate I'll be at 3000 in no time.   ;)

Pup

Mike Cirba

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »
Phil,

I count Ridgewood as one 27-hole facility, since the nines are interchangeable.

John Moore II

Re: Most course played New
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »
Scott,

Maybe he has started golf at an early age like me, and just gets to travel a lot? I'm only up to about 80 myself, but it would be interesting to see how many I've played exactly.

At this rate I'll be at 3000 in no time.   ;)

Pup

Yeah, I counted last night, I'm up to 97. I'm determined to get over 100 by the end of March, shouldn't be hard. Like you, I'll be to 3000 in no time. And here I was thinking I'd played a lot of courses.

Edit: I realized that I had forgotten to count two courses, so I'm really at 99, going to try and hit the 100 tomorrow. Glad we brought up this thread, I would have just wasted the century course on some mundane course rather than seeking out something better. Great.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:16:27 PM by John K. Moore »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back