News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re: Feature Interview with Wayne Morrison is posted
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but it would be cool if there were a Flynn archives analogous to the Tufts archives in NC.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »
"Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but it would be cool if there were a Flynn archives analogous to the Tufts archives in NC."

George:

Since you mention that, I might say when all the information is digitized there will be a Flynn archive at Merion GC somewhat analogous to the Tufts (Ross) archives in NC. That's largely because Merion GC is where Wayne Morrison comes from and he's provided it to that archive. We also expect it to be part of the new USGA Architecture Archive as he is part of that too.

JESII

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
In regards to the 2000 page book, I wonder if there is any reason why the story of Flynn and his work could not be edited down to 250 to 300 pages...

Wayne has had his part (the actual information) down to 275 pages for a couple years now and Tom is tasked with writing the Forward. Currently it's 1700 pages and he needs to get it down to 25...

TEPaul

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »
Sully:

When I post on here it is pathetic and mindbending wordiness but when I really write it is sublime brevity----or at the very least that is my initial intention. ;)

Joe Bausch

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
Dear Wayne and TPaul,

I understand that in the 2000+ version of the Flynn book that Jack Whitaker has written the foreword.  I love that choice as Mr. Whitaker has a wealth of golf knowledge and is familiar with many Flynn courses.

When you publish the 'stripped down' 300 page version of the tome, I would like to make a suggestion for the person to pen the foreword:  Thomas MacWood.

Sincerely,
David Moriarty

;)

;D

@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

TEPaul

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Joseph, but I think that will be an editorial "No."

My suggestion to Tom MacWood is to write his own biography of Flynn as something like a career construction guy for the likes of Travis, Alison or whatever. I recommend the title of MacWood's Flynn biography be, "I Could Be Wrong, But....."

And I think MacWood and Moriarty should write a book which would be the sequel to the "In My Opinion" essay on here entitled "The Missing Faces of Merion." I recommend the title of that sequel book be, "The Art of Legend Making and Why The Missing Faces of Merion Are Still Missing."

Other suggested book for the great researcher/writer from Ohio might be, "Pine Valley's Minimization of Harry Colt" or "Will Myopia Ever Give Poor Willie C His Due?"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:03:08 AM by TEPaul »

Willie_Dow

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 07:44:08 AM »
Wayne & Tom

With the winter you have felt this year, the white faces must have returned in all their glory.  How about a picture, Wayne ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back