News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Midwest Historians Help Please....
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
My parents belong to Chikaming Country Club in Lakeside, MI.  Nobody, including the pro, seems to know who designed the course.  The course opened in 1913 I believe.  While it's certainly not in the same league as the nearby Dunes Club or Lost Dunes it is a fun track which is the old school club of Harbor Country.  They did some work over the winter to add a bit of length and address some safety issues.  Any historical info anyone is aware of would be greatly appreciated....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

Re: Midwest Historians Help Please....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
The Matthews Design Group did a renovation there a while back, I bet they might have some history on the place.

Though, depending on when the work was done, you might want to contact Jerry Matthews "Natural Design."
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jud_T

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
Thanx JC, I will....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark Luckhardt

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:35:54 PM »
Chikaming is a great old track, and I wouldn't be shocked if the architect was well known. Our firm completed a restoration there over 10 years ago with Jerry. Great to hear it is still a going concern.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back