News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Re: A Good Walk........a core requirement?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

You can enjoy the course with out club in hand is one of the great things about golf.

Anthony

Jeff Spittel

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »
Bethpage Black is a great course, but not an easy walk in the summer after spending the evening in your car.
Fare and be well now, let your life proceed by its own design.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »

As an eastener a trip to the west coast can have you waking up at 3:00 in the morning with nothing to do. The walk at Pebble and Bandon csan be awesome. The isolation on the ocean holes and the deer adds to the ambiance on the resort.

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

You can enjoy the course with out club in hand is one of the great things about golf.

Yes, of course you can...

...then you ask the caddy for the 9 iron.  ;)

Doug Ralston

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »
Old arguement. When golf became a serious [unfortunately I mean competitive] sport, golf courses were built near where the people who would play/compete live. Since most of them were monied, the courses were mostly in lowlands where towns were built. As wealth began to get more widely distributed, golf courses followed into more irregular lands, again to be nearby. Then, in recent years when the economy boomed, courses followed even into mountainous areas, for there was patronage and money there, now.

Sadly, there has been a drawback, and, no mistake, it has and will be in reverse order.

Yes, BTW, mountain courses CAN be great. Admittedly, few are now, because conservative architects will feel uncomfortable with the unique challenges, and will pass them to lesser lights, who need the money. Trying to hold an extra dimension, an extra challenge in your head while developing ideas is probably scary. Hope it will be overcome.

But perhaps not ....... next I will expect you to not fear trees. :D

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Scott Henderson

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »
A core requirement?  For a great course it should be.  If it is not a great walk, then it might be considered near great golf.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 06:38:12 AM »

Doug

I presume you are referring to the game when it came over to the pond in the late 19th Century.

Melvyn

PS If playing golf, walking is ‘a core requirement’ – of course it is otherwise you are NOT PLAYING GOLF, its that simple.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back