News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Phillips

Re: Design as hobby & Would you turn down a commission?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
I've always thought it would be very neat to try my hand at it.  I still swear to this day, if I could semi-retire, I would offer to work for anyone in the biz and do it for a cheap wage just to get a feel for the day to day stuff and watch a course evolve from initial site vist to completed project.
You could still do that but you don't want it enough, that is why you are not in the business...there are thousands just like you Kalen but they are probably younger and cheaper!  ;)

Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Kalen Braley

Re: Design as hobby & Would you turn down a commission?
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
I've always thought it would be very neat to try my hand at it.  I still swear to this day, if I could semi-retire, I would offer to work for anyone in the biz and do it for a cheap wage just to get a feel for the day to day stuff and watch a course evolve from initial site vist to completed project.
You could still do that but you don't want it enough, that is why you are not in the business...there are thousands just like you Kalen but they are probably younger and cheaper!  ;)

Well,

Its true on one level, I want to live in my house and provide for my family more than I want to work on a golf course construction site....hence the semi-retirement!  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back