News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Feherty comments about Shore Course and Strantz
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
Does anyone have a video of the Feherty piece on the Shore Course and Strantz? I could really use a copy for a presentation I have coming up in March.

Any help would be really appreciated!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

Re: Feherty comments about Shore Course and Strantz
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »
I'm shocked! No one has a video of the AT&T broadcast?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

George Freeman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
Does anyone have a video of the Feherty piece on the Shore Course and Strantz? I could really use a copy for a presentation I have coming up in March.

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Mike,

I'm curious, what kind of presentation are you giving that would be aided by a video of MPCC Shore?
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
It is a tribute to Mike Strantz that will be presented to a SC golf group.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Honestly, I thought his presentation was erratic at best...something cobbled together from a few wire pieces he read, rather than anything approaching complete knowledge of Strantz and his time at MPCC-S.  If Feherty had spoken with Huntley (Bob, please tell me he didn't), he would have said more with less.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
Ronald,

I am afraid I missed the piece by Feherty, is there a way it can be recalled.

Bob

Adam Clayman

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »
When Michael first posted this thread I spent over half an hour searching for the clip. Admittedly, I'm not a strong researcher or swimmer. But I did try.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
When Michael first posted this thread I spent over half an hour searching for the clip. Admittedly, I'm not a strong researcher or swimmer. But I did try.

Adam - Thanks for trying.

Bob - I've talked with CBS and they are trying to help me. I'll let you know if I get a copy.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »
Michael, here's an amateur quick-and-dirty recording I did.  If you are unsuccessful with CBS, I can record it a bit better (tripod, better sound).  I don't have the tech know-how to take the file off my DVR and edit it.  The video as I did it is about 100MB and looks better on my computer than on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKJXKQEop0
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Bill_McBride

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:33 AM »
Michael, here's an amateur quick-and-dirty recording I did.  If you are unsuccessful with CBS, I can record it a bit better (tripod, better sound).  I don't have the tech know-how to take the file off my DVR and edit it.  The video as I did it is about 100MB and looks better on my computer than on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKJXKQEop0

That looks pretty good!  And I think about the length Mike was looking for at 1:21.  Isn't technology great?

Has anybody ever figured out how to download from your DVR to your DVD recorder?  I called Dish and they didn't have a clue.

PCCraig

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
Honestly, I thought his presentation was erratic at best...something cobbled together from a few wire pieces he read, rather than anything approaching complete knowledge of Strantz and his time at MPCC-S.  If Feherty had spoken with Huntley (Bob, please tell me he didn't), he would have said more with less.

Considering they had all of 1 min dedicated to a tribute to Strantz and MPCC, and also considering that much of the golfing public probably hasn't heard much of either, I thought it was a very nice summary. It could of been worse...they could of not mentioned anything about Mike Strantz or MPCC at all.
H.P.S.

Eric Smith

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 08:31:45 AM »

Has anybody ever figured out how to download from your DVR to your DVD recorder?  I called Dish and they didn't have a clue.

Bill,

Talk to John Mayhugh.  He burned a DVD for me of the first event at Cape Kidnappers a couple of years ago.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »

Bill,

Talk to John Mayhugh.  He burned a DVD for me of the first event at Cape Kidnappers a couple of years ago.

Very little technical competence involved there.  I have a DVD player that will also burn discs connected to my cable box/dvr.  Just like recording a videotape.  Without that setup, I haven't a clue how I would do it.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »
Kevin - Thank you for placing that on YouTube. That is exactly the kind of piece I was hoping it would be! Now if CBS will just come through.

Jason McNamara

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 04:55:36 PM »
Kevin, if you don't have a DVD recorder, you can still go low-tech and record to a VCR.

(Bob & Michael, sorry I'd already deleted the round from my TiVo, otherwise I'd set you guys up.)

George Pazin

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »
Someone nudge Joe Bausch, he is a video savant. :)

I've had the Stillers and Pens recent championship wins sitting on my DVR in HD for over a year now, just trying to figure out how to get them off in HD...

If anyone knows in advance that they want to save something, I think your best bet now would be to purchase a TV tuner/memory stick thing (obviously don't know what they're called). Obvious drawback is it would have to be something broadcast over free airwaves, not cable.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
I am pleased to report that the folks at CBS have been WONDERFUL!!! I called a producer at CBS Sports who had an assistant pull the Feherty piece and burn it to a DVD for me. It's on the way and all is good with the world!!!

I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back